Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

I am locked out of my Facebook page. Not sure how that happened.

Customer Question
All of a sudden it...
I am locked out of my Facebook page. Not sure how that happened. All of a sudden it is asking me for a phone number and when I put one in it says too many account codes at one time; try again later.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
11/21/2011
Cell Phone Technician: Engineer John C., Cell Phones Expert replied 6 years ago
Engineer John C., Cell Phones Expert
Hello, I am Engineer John Cappucci, I will be your expert today.

Before this issue, did you receive an email message asking you to change your email or facebook password, or to enter the password XXXXX a website or similar message?
No I did not receive an email from anyone. I was in the middle of editing my profile page and suddenly I was locked out and unable to get back on.
OK. What internet browser do you use ? (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, AOL Browser, etc?)

Thank you
Internet Explorer
Possible Solution #1:
Please do the following on Internet Explorer:

1. Open Internet Explorer, then click Tools, then Internet Options
2. Select "Delete Browsing History"
3. UNCHECK "Passwords" and "History" and CHECK all the other options you get there.
4. Click on the "Delete" button
5. Try again

Possible Solution #2: Restore IE settings
1- Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools, then "Internet Options"
2- Click the Advanced tab
3- Click the "Restore advanced settings" button
4- Click Apply button
5- Click OK

Possible Solution #3: Use another Internet Browser
- There are two very good internet browsers, better than Internet Explorer:

A- Google Chrome (a very fast internet browser), you can download it from here: www.google.com/chrome

B- Firefox, you can download from here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Thank you

John C.
I tried all of your suggestions. I also downloaded Google Chrome. I am still having the same problem. I can't get on to my Facebook page and it is asking me for a phone number.
OK, what happens if you enter your phone number? (probably your cellphone number)
I don't have a cell phone. I am entering my office number and it says that I have entered too many codes at one time and to try again later. I get this same message repeatedly. It came up on my home computer and my office computer. Mine is not an isolated case. When I did a Google search, it came up that many people are having this problem and since there is no way to contact Facebook it has not been resolved. Other people also mentioned that the only other option was to pay someone online to troubleshoot, which is what I am doing.
OK. Then it seems your Facebook account was compromised. Please wait 24 hours without trying again to reset the password. After the 24 hours, try again, if no luck, then please submit the following validation form to Facebook:

Validation form -----> http://www.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=cannot_identify

Please note I do NOT work for Facebook so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them.

Thank you

John C.
Engineer John C., Cell Phones Expert
I filled out and submitted the form that you sent and I got an automated reply from Facebook saying that they couldn't help me. In essence, the form was useless. I am still locked out and unable to get on. Every time I try to log in, it asks for a phone number and when I put in my number it says to try again. They have no customer support. I don't believe my account was compromised. It locked me out when I was editing my profile page.
OK, if you think the account was not compromised, then please follow the steps below to the "T":

Please follow the steps below:

1- Click here -----> http://www.facebook.com/recover.php

2- Find the "Enter your name and a friend's name" section on the bottom and enter your Name and a Friend's name where prompted. (leave the other sections blank -enter nothing-)

3- Click Search

4- Enter the crazy words in the same order you see them, then click "Submit"

5- If you see yourself there in a picture (or if that is a picture taken by you) click "This is My Account"

6- Then you will see alternative emails and probably a phone number. Select the tiny box before them, then click "Reset Password". The link to reset the password will be sent to your alternate email address and/or the phone number (if you have one)

7- If those emails are not yours (if your account was hacked, or if you don't have access to those email addresses anymore), please click "No longer have access to these?"

8- Follow the prompts to reset the password.
I have done this form before. FB sent it to me. I did it again just now. The problem is it keeps asking me for a phone number and when I give them my number it says to try again. This is always the point where it stalls and I can't go further. No matter when I try it tells me to try again. It allows me to reset my password but it will not let me get past the phone number.
You should see a box on the right similar to the following picture:

Select the Email tiny box, do not select the SMS box.
I see the email. Next it asks me to reset my password, which I did. Then it asks for a phone number. That's when it prompts me to try again.
What exact error message do you get when you enter the phone number?
You are requesting too many codes in a short period of time. Try again.
OK. Please check your email account. Do you have messages from Facebook there?

Check also your SPAM or Junk folder. If you have a Facebook message there, please follow the steps to reset the password.
I don't have messages from FB in my Junk folder. I have rec'd messages from FB in my email acct. Everytime I have reset my password, they sent me an email.
OK. What do you see on that email? Do you have a link there? Click it and you should be able to reset the password.
I don't have a problem resetting my password. It's afterward, when it asks for my phone number and then it won't let me go any further.
Relist: Other.
I started this process 2 days ago and it is still not resolved. I need someone who is an expert with Facebook, not who specializes in cell phones. The issue is not about a cell phone. I edited my FB profile and I got locked out of my account.
Hello, I am a Computer Science Engineer, that's why I am answering your questions. Please let me know why you can't go any further after it asks for your phone number. Thank you

John C.
I already told you that I keep getting the same message, that I am entering too many codes at one time and to try again. That message makes no sense. All I'm doing is putting in my phone number, which is what it is asking for as a security measure. It gives me the option of a text or a call and I am opting for a call. I don't have a cell phone. Perhaps they only want a mobile # where they can send a text, but then why are they giving me an option? It should be my perogative if I want to use FB without a cell.
Yes, you need to enter a cellphone number. Do you have a friend or family member that can lend you the phone for one minute?

I'm at my office and there's hardly anyone around. If I had known sooner I could have asked. I'll see what I can do. Is that what is preventing me from proceeding? Will I be able to get back on afterward? I was never asked for a cell when I signed up.
I apologize. You can use a family cellphone number, then call them to get the code you will receive there, and enter the code when Facebook asks for it. Then you should regain access to it.

Facebook now is adding this new level of security on some accounts, unfortunately. It wasn't asked to register.

Thank you

John C.
I used my friend's cell phone and now I am able to get back in.
Engineer John C., Cell Phones Expert