Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

My iPhone stopped working and went black. What do I do?

My iPhone just stopped working...
My iPhone just stopped working -- it went black, wont turn on, nothing on the screen, nothing at all. One minute it was working, I ended the call -- did not turn it off, just put it back in my purse as usual and the next time I went to use it, it was blank. There was nothing unusual in my purse, no sprays, water, nothing. This happened Monday afternoon and I tried to let it sit, tried to plug it in, nothing. Any suggestions? Has this happened to others recently? I have only had the phone since February.
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/19/2011
Cell Tech
Cell Tech, Cell Technician

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

Try this first:

-Unplug the iPhone from the USB cable connection (if connected).

-Press and hold the Home AND the Wake/Sleep buttons until the Apple Logo appears (about 15 seconds).

• The On/Off, Sleep/Wake button: This button is on the top of your iPhone, and you use it to put your iPhone's screen to sleep or wake it up.

• Home button: It's on the front of the iPhone (large round button near the bottom).

It should reboot and resume normal operation.

Reply back if that does not fix it.

Cell Tech
Cell Tech, Cell Technician
Cell Tech
Cell Tech
Cell Tech, Cell Technician