Cell Phones

My grandson has broken his cell phone which is with US Cellular.

Customer Question
My grandson has broken his...
My grandson has broken his cell phone which is with US Cellular. He can not afford to purchase another one. I would like to know how to unlock my old phone which is a Samsung Intensity II with Verizon, so he can use it with his US Cellular contract? Is there a way this old grandma can do it? Thanks!... Read full answer
My grandson has broken his cell phone which is with US Cellular. He can not afford to purchase another one. I would like to know how to unlock my old phone which is a Samsung Intensity II with Verizon, so he can use it with his US Cellular contract? Is there a way this old grandma can do it? Thanks!
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
8/22/2011
Cell Phone Technician: Eric, Android Expert replied 7 years ago
Eric, Android Expert
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

The only way you are going to be able to unlock that specific model phone is to call Verizon tech support and tell them you need the "unlock code" for that phone. It is unique to every single phone made, so your phone in your hand has a code all its own which means I dont have access to it.

Call Verizona and support can give you the info you need to unlock it.

I called Verizon tech support. They said there is no "unlock code" for their phones. That US Cellular can do a "jailbreak" with the information on the phone itself. She told me where to get of ESN, this is the one I have on this phone A0000029738077. It is a model: SCH-U460. Here is the other numbers on the phone: SKU: SCHU460MBV, FCC ID: A3LSCHU460.

I will be waiting for instructions. Thanks.

Unfortunately I cannot give you the code, but if US Cellular says they can, then I would give them the info you just gave me.

Eric, Android Expert
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I replaced my smartphone with a new one. I gave my old one
I replaced my smartphone with a new one. I gave my old one to my grandson in Texas. He took it to Verizon to activate and was told he couldn't use it because it is an ATT phone????? … read more
It Support Specialist,
Can I use the latest products iphone6s and Samsung Galaxy s6
Can I use the latest products iphone6s and Samsung Galaxy s6 (Carrier Verizon) in other other countries by changing out the SIM card?… read more
To change from Verizon to Sprint I believe you must first
To change from Verizon to Sprint I believe you must first unlock the cell phone. I have an old Samsung SCH-u550 I want to do this for but don't know how to do it. Please help. Thanks Rick… read more
Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Stop searching for answers—
I have 2 verizonwireless /motorolarazor cell phones. I joined
I have 2 verizonwireless /motorolarazor cell phones. I joined consumer cellular and was wondering if these 2 phone can be unlocked and used with consumer cellular?… read more
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Bachelor's Program
What happens if I end up breaking my contract with my cell
What happens if I end up breaking my contract with my cell phone carrier (tmobile) and part of the contract was getting a low down payment on a phone. Will the cell phone be inoperable once the contra… read more
Support Technician,
Hello, I am near the end of my Verizion 2 year contract.
Hello, I am near the end of my Verizion 2 year contract. I plan on getting an unlocked phone (Motorola has some good ones) and trying various no contract plans to see which ones work best for me. I li… read more
Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
How do I get a new phone to go on my Verizon account? The
How do I get a new phone to go on my Verizon account? The scenario is that I am still on a verizon contract. My phone is busted. My contract ends in 6 months and I just want to buy a phone that is ver… read more
Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Hi, my name is Don. I would like to know if I can get either
Hi, my name is Don. I would like to know if I can get either contract or no contract phone coverage with Verizon in southern Arizona with a Trac Fone. Or would I have to use another phone provider.… read more
Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Hello, My Son is not a well person and is being totally messed
Hello, My Son is not a well person and is being totally messed about by vodaphone.Lost his phone some months ago, got another from Vodaphone then old phone returned. Is now paying for two phones. I pa… read more
IT Manager,
is there a way to use a Verizon Samsung cell phone on a Cricket
is there a way to use a Verizon Samsung cell phone on a Cricket network...I ran acroos something about 'flashing' a cell phone...… read more
IT Manager,
I am trying to get information on Verizon Cel Phones. Does
I am trying to get information on Verizon Cel Phones. Does this fall under this catagory with computers? If not then who do I ask? LK… read more
Carl L
Carl L
Owner/CEO,
I have several US Cellular phones that Id like to be able
I have several US Cellular phones that I'd like to be able to use with Verizon. Is it possible to do this by "flashing" them? And if so, how do I go about that?… read more
Waitongu2
Waitongu2
Sr. Application Support Eng,
Stop searching for answers—
A broken screen is preventing me from reading saved text messages
A broken screen is preventing me from reading saved text messages on my Samsung Intensity II Verizon phone. What are my options?… read more
It Support Specialist,
What is an unlocked phone? I have a smart phone and Im out
What is an unlocked phone? I have a smart phone and I'm out of contract. My adult daughter is on my plan and the cost is getting cumbersome. I now have a majic jack phone at home that I can use for bu… read more
I am at sea trying to decide on a mobile phone/service that
I need a mobile phone that provides good service nationally, including here in Sioux Falls, SD. No contract or unlocked. Idk what sim cards are etc. I don't need a smartphone but if it's affordable, c… read more
IT Manager,
my palm treo700w is for verizon. i would like to use it for
my palm treo700w is for verizon. i would like to use it for boost and need to do it as inexpensively as possible. i'm told to change it over it has to be unlocked from my old provider. how do i do tha… read more
Graduate Certificate
I am looking to get a new cell phone, and my contract is up
I am looking to get a new cell phone, and my contract is up with Verizon so I can go with anyone at this point. My hubby wants to get an unlocked phone with a SIM card so we can tether and not have to… read more
Daniel P.
Daniel P.
Wireless Consultant,
Currently a student
Hi..I have a Motorola Razr v3i phone that is locked to T-mobile.My
Hi..I have a Motorola Razr v3i phone that is locked to T-mobile.My ex Daughter-in-law cut me off the family plan so I now have no use for the phone. My Grandsons Corr Wireless phone broke and I can't … read more
Richard S.
Richard S.
Accounts and Device Specialist,