Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

I want to transfer my apps from my cell phone to my tablet

without wifi....
I want to transfer my apps from my cell phone to my tablet without wifi.
7/16/2011
Eric, Android Expert

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

The best option you have is to use Titanium Backup. You need to backup the Apps AND the App data though. Then you need to get Titanium Backup on your Tablet to be able to restore the apps/data.

1. Download this file (its the Titanium Backup apk file(install file)) to the phones SD Card
  2. Install Titanium Backup on your Phone and backup apps and app data to the SD card
  3. Take the SD Card from the phone and put it in the Tablet
  4. Install the Titanium Backup app on the tablet
  5. Open Titanium Backup and restore the apps AND data.

Thats your best chance at moving the apps, and I have done it myself just now to make sure it works.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. If not and I have helped you today Please press the Accept Button so I am credited for my time Assisting you! Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it!

Positive Feedback & Bonuses are not necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!

Click here and BOOKMARK the page to get me directly with ANY questions in the future! HelpWithAndroid.com

How do I get Ti Backup on the tablet? I don't have wifi?

Step #3

I'm going to try this right now.

Ok. I just did the process myself to ensure that it works, and it does. Wink

It says that I have to root the tablet. ??

That was the best choice you had to transfer the apps without a wireless connection. You can try to use other app-backup apps that you can find on the Market, using the same process i outlined.. just with different backup apps.

That is what I am doing. Some backup programs compress the apps to save space in the backup and decompress the app when restoring it. trying.
I ordered the subscription to JustAnswer. Can I Accept Answer and still work on this problem. What I want to do is load tablets that we are selling with free apps to get people to see what the tablets can do. I don't want my Google account on their tablets.

My suggestion for you, is to create a "businessname @ gmail" account for you to use on the tablets and that way you can add that account to the tablets and download apps from the market.

OR, you can go into the tablets connect using wifi and load a secondary app store like Amazon, using a dummy account to download free apps from the Amazon store. OR, you can also search online, as most apk files are available outside of the market. Search for titanium backup apk, or angry birds apk, etc.. and you will find most installation files.

Lastly, yes, you can accept this answer and continue to answer follow up questions Wink

Eric, Android Expert
Eric, Android Expert