Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

My Samsung tracfone can make calls but not receive them. What

Customer Question
My Samsung tracfone can make...
My Samsung tracfone can make calls but not receive them. What am I doing wrong?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
7/9/2011
Cell Phone Technician: Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist replied 6 years ago
Richard S.
Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist
Have you always had this problem with the phone or did it just start? If it used to work fine, please try the steps below in this EXACT order.

Remove the battery and SIM (if you have on, varies by carrier) from the phone and wait 20 seconds, then, with the battery still out, plug it into your wall charger, then place the battery and SIM back in and turn the phone back on.

If it works, please click Accept as that is how I get credit. If not, let me know and we will keep working on it. Bonus NOT necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!

PLEASE DO NOT leave Negative feedback! If you need more help PLEASE just reply to this question and I will keep working with you!

I just wanted to check and make sure my last message was received. Some customers are reporting that messages are not going through. Anyways,

Please let me know if you need any additional assistance. Please click Accept to close out the question and so I get credit for it.

Thank you so much!!

Richard S.
I just tried this, but it still won't/can't receive calls.
What the heck. Ok., have you tried reaching out to Tracfone to have them do a reset on their system and make sure that the phone is provisioned correctly?
No. How do I do that?
That is the next thing I would do as it may be a SIM issue. Call them at the number below. Please keep me updated

Phone at: 1-800-867-7183
I called the number you gave me, and the representative tried a lot of things for over an hour, but he finally got it fixed. My phone is working now. Thank you.
Wooohooo!! I thought it would probably be a system issue as that is a odd problem and the reset did not solve it. I am very glad it is back to working!
Richard S.
Richard S.