Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

How do I download pics from android to laptop

?...
How do I download pics from android to laptop ?
7/4/2011
Eric, Android Expert

Eric :

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

Eric :

Would you like to be able to send them to your computer without ever plugging in the phone to the pc, or without even having to be in the same country as your pc? lol.

Eric :

Its free and I can help you set that up ;]

Customer:

Sure - I have a couple of other questions as well - and I'll be happy to pay for your time - like backing up my settings (messages, phone calls, etc) that was just erased by a very young person at sprint

Eric :

Ok. I can help you with ALL of those, and you can offer me a bonus at the end when you accept the answer that is whatever you think my assistance was worth ;]

Customer:

I just tried to connect my phone via bluetooth to my laptop (windows 7 ) but the laptop couldn't read it.

Eric :

Yes, it a pain sometimes.. but for sending pics to your computer this free app/service is the best option!

Customer:

Would it be easier to talk on the phone or skype?

Eric :

I wish we could.. but we are not allowed to contact outside of the chat.. so heres what I cam going to do.

Eric :

Once we close the chat, it becomes like a "forum" page. I will spend the next 1-20 minutes typing out a small guide for you on what apps to get and how to set them up. Then once I post it, you will receive an email telling you I replied.

Eric :

You can come back.. follow my guide and then accept the answer ;]

Eric :

10-20 minutes*

Customer:

Here are my other issues I'd like you to help me with: backing up settings and data in case I lose my phone , transferring data back and forth from the laptop to the phone - also someone said I could use facebook to get pictures on all my phone contacts.

Eric :

Ok. I will put all those things in the guide

Customer:

Is the phone also capable of sending a video via text message or e-mail? everytime I tried that it failed. Also - what is usb tethering? that option is greyed out on my phone and I can't use it - I thought that would be the solution.

Eric :

No, USB Tethering is allowing a computer to use the intenet connection of your phone. You have to pay for that through your carrier

Customer:

isn't that called a "hotspot?

Eric :

No, thats turning the phone into a "wireless router". Same thing, but one uses a USB cord and the other allows up to 5 devices to share the connection wirelessly

Customer:

Sorry - I'll let you do your work and save the rest of my questions for later

Eric :

No its ok ;]

Eric :

Feel free to ask!

Eric :

I will get that guide for you in a little while, and you will get an email saying I posted it.

Eric :

if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Customer:

So do I just stay online here and wait for an answer here - or do I log off here and wait for the e-mail?

Eric :

Im sure youve come to the conclusion, that we as experts get paid when you accept an answer... normally we try and only answer one or two answers that are related in a chat.. but I will answer all you need, and if you feel you want to you can give me a bonus at the end.

Eric :

You can just close the browser, and You will get that email when the guide is ready ;]

Customer:

OK - thanks - I'll be happy to compensate you for saving my time (and grief)

Eric :

Its no problem.. I look forward to helping you!

Eric, Android Expert

Ok. Lets take this one step at a time.

First lets setup a way for you to send Photos AND Files to and from your computer and your Android device wirelessly and without hassle.

Use Dropbox:

• Visit dropbox.com (watch the video if you want, its VERY informative!). Sign up for a FREE account and download the Windows Software they provide.
  • Now open the Market app on your Android and search the Market for "dropbox".
  • Once the dropbox app installs on your Android, sign in using the same account you just created on their website.
  • That's it, now the simple part.
  • Open up ANY file (picture, video, etc.) that you have on your Android and press the Menu button on the phone. Choose to "Share" the file, and choose Dropbox as the app to share it with.
  • As soon as its done uploading, the file will instantly become available on your computer in the Dropbox folder that you now have thanks to the Windows software you installed!
  • This also works in reverse, if you wish to you can drop a file into your dropbox folder on your computer and it will be available by opening the dropbox app on your phone.

This is by far the easiest way to wirelessly sync files to and from your pc!
A little hint. ANY file you have synced with your dropbox account is also available via dropbox.com , so you can access them from any browser on any computer, anywhere.

Now lets get your Messages backed up as you wanted.

• From the Market, download an app called "GO SMS Pro", its also free.
  • Once you have installed it and set it up, when you open the app you will see a list of all your current messages.
  • If you press your finger on one until a menu pops up, you will see an option to "backup thread". This will store that message and its contents on your SD Card, and can always be retrieved even if the phone was reset, using the same GO SMS Pro app.

Now lets get your Facebook Friends pictures to sync

• Download and install the Facebook App from the Market.
  • When you are setting up the app, it will ask you if you want to sync your FB friends and contacts with your contacts and use images.
  • Follow the onscreen instructions to do so and you're all set!

If you need anymore information, just ask!

In the future you can also get me DIRECTLY by going to HelpWithAndroid.com

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Go there and bookmark it so you dont lose it!

Eric, Android Expert