Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

How to get pictures from LG290C phone to PC?

Customer Question
Hello - I have a...
Hello - I have a LG 290C phone. How do I get pictures from the phone to my pc ? Thx
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
5/24/2011
Cell Phone Technician: A.J, Cell Phone Technician replied 6 years ago
A.J
A.J, Cell Phone Technician
Hi there.
Please goto this link to download the LG pc connectivity software. Install it and then connect your phone to your computer. Now you can transfer all your photos and other files to the computer. In case this is not working, please buy a CARD READER from a computer peripherals shop and insert your memory card into the card reader and connect the card reader to your computer to transfer photos and other files.

Here is the link for LG software

http://www.lg.com/us/support/product/support-product-profile-mobile-redux.jsp?customerModelCode=LGLX290&matchedModelCode=1000009621&searchEngineModelCode=LX290&targetPage=support-product-profile

Please press ACCEPT so that i get credited. Please leave a positive feedback.
Thanks!
I have no way to connect my phone to my pc - I only have a plug for the charger and headset.
Then please get a CARD reader and do as i said. This solves your problem!

Please press ACCEPT so that i get credited. Thanks
My pc accepts a variety of memory cards. Must I open the phone to get it ?
Which is your phone model actually? Tell me the correct full model
LG 290C.
Ok here is what you can do. You have bluetooth in your phone. Connect your phone via bluetooth to your computer. I hope your computer has bluetooth. Otherwise almost all laptops have bluetooth. If you don't have bluetooth in your computer and if you dont have a laptop, please buy a bluetooth dongle from a computer peripherals shop. now you can connect your phone to the computer and transfer photos and other files easily.
This solves your problem finally :-)

Please press ACCEPT. Only then i'll get credited for my time. Bonuses are welcome :-) Thank you!
To me it sounds like a lot work. Not sure if I do have bluetooth on my phone but I do use a laptop. If the photo's were not so important to me I'd probably not go through this work. Thank You
I'll accept after your reply.
Yes your phone supports bluetooth and this is not so tough after all!

Just switch on bluetooth on your laptop and your mobile and connect the 2 and start sending your photos!

Please ACCEPT. Bonuses are welcome :-)
Please press ACCEPT. There is no additional charge for pressing ACCEPT. Only then i'll get credited for my time. Thanks
A.J
A.J, Cell Phone Technician
A.J. -- sorry for the delay - having problems accessing my yahoo mail. I've verified that my phone has bluetooth but my laptop does not, it is an Acer sold through Walmart - apparently for a reduced price they did not include bluetooth - I never even thought about it when buying the pc - didn't know that existed really. Another note says I have $28 in my account but I don't know how to access it. I think I will retry through e-mail on my phone - I was able to send a few test notes that appeared on my pc -- it's the attach file I don't see how to do. Thanks for your time.
Thanks
A. J -- just an update status. I ordered a data transfer cable for my LG290C but shortly after that I was given instructions from a friend and they worked, I now have my pic's on my laptop. If you like I will post them here if you reply. Thx
Its ok. Good to know :-)
I still have the pic's on my phone, when the cable arrives, will update if it works. Funny is, the shipping charges are more than the cable itself. Laters.
k
AJ - I received the cable yesterday - one side is a micro usb that fits the charger port on the phone, the other end is a regular size usb which plugs into my laptop. At the moment it will only allow me to charge the battery using my laptop. There was software or instructions with it. Through Net googling apparently I now need a "LG CDMA USB Modem driver" . I cannot find a "free one" to download - can u help with this ? Thx.
A.J
A.J
A.J, Cell Phone Technician