Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

When people call me I cant hear them but they can hear me.

Customer Question
When people call me I...
When people call me I can't hear them but they can hear me. I think something is muted but can't figure it out? Any thoughts?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
3/13/2011
Cell Phone Technician: Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist replied 6 years ago
Richard S.
Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist
Hello, what model of phone do you have? Also, the first thing to try is to

Remove the battery and SIM (if you have on, varies by carrier) from the phone and wait 20 seconds, then, with the battery still out, plug it into your wall charger, then place the battery and SIM back in and turn the phone back on.

IF you have a iphone, I actually wrote a article on this as it happens so often, so please see the link below to the article that I wrote on it!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Iphone-People-can-Hear-me-but-I-cant-hear-them-Audio-Issue-on-Apple-Iphone-2g-3g-3gs-4-and-5

You can reply back even after you ACCEPT the answer, it does not close the question and we will keep working on this until we solve the issue for you!

PLEASE DO NOT leave Negative feedback! If you need more help PLEASE just reply to this question and I will keep working with you!

Richard S.

I tried what you said, it did not work, I'll try it again.

The phone is a company phone (piece of crap) Motorola i766. I work in the field on construction projects and need my phone working tomorrow. Please see if you can find another solution.

I can't hear the phone ringing when I dial out, but it is ringing and people are picking up.

Dead silence on the line is all i hear. Settings and ringer volume seem to be set up correctly.

If you put it on speaker phone does it work? Sprint right?

Yes, it is Sprint.

Putting the speaker on did work!!

I don't know why i didn't try that before?

That should be sufficient to get me thru the day tomorrow unless you know of a fix for

the internal speaker.

Jim

Hi Jim, glad that worked! Also, it should work with a headset as well. I am about 95% sure that this is a bad internal speaker (main speaker) and luckily you haeva model that has that one AND the one for the speakerphone. You will need to get the device replaced. This is actually a common issue (not just with this model) and the repair is to tear the phone down and try to find a repalcement speaker which is going to cost more than a new phone.

Sorry I dont have a easy fix but at least that will get you through the day!

Thanks Rich,

Have a good one.

You too! Sorry I dont have a magic bullet for this one :(
Richard S.
Richard S.