Cell Phones

Ask a Cell Phones Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cell Phones

After pay sites like Unlock Shack and Unlock Freedom were

After pay sites like Unlock...
After pay sites like Unlock Shack and Unlock Freedom were unsuccesful generating code for an i465 Clutch, Im wondering if this is a "bug" phone. Hoping to unlock it from Boost. When using Nextel sim, It asks for special code. Any ideas? PH
1/9/2011
Richard S.
Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist
Hello, are you trying to unlock it from Boost to use with nextel?
Hi Richard, At work I have a corporate nextel acct. I bought a clean i465 clutch phone on E-bay that boots up fine with the boost sim that it came with. Was hoping to unlock it from Boost to work with Nextel. The IMEI is 001700642479840 . The Morolola code generator that I assume pay sites use have twice been unnsuccesful. The phone still promts to enter special code when booted up with the Nextel sim inserted, therfore it shouldn't be locked out from too many attemps at code entry. But I can't vouch for any previous attemps before aquisition. Do you think usb linked software would be a better solution? More costly but was hoping it woudn't be that coplicated to generate an unlock code. Is this a common problem for i465's. Thanks for your reply PH
Hmm, this is an interesting one. Have you spoken with Nextel/Sprint to check and see if this can just be updated with their firmware? Also, are you using the iDen portion at all (Push to Talk) or just the cellular portion?
Primary reason for unlocking the i465 would be to take advantage of PTT capability.Have yet to contact Nextel or Motorola. Some forums claim Nextel Support has a master unlock/ reset code but are reluctant to divulge it depending on which rep. you catch by phone. I thought each phone had to have a specific code generated predicated on it's unique IMEI number. True ??
The first thing I would do is reach out to Nextel as this device is compatible and as long as they activate it, should work just fine. Youa re part right about the specific unlock code but that mainly applies to GSM devices not iden CDMA devices....Sprint/Nextel/Boost are REALLy weird in that they havea combi iden /CDMA network.. so most of the GSM rules do not apply. My first call would be the Nextel/Sprint to see if you can get it activated through them

Im a first time user of this site. Cant find where to ACCEPT answer....REALLY

instructions are vague and I think Ive scrolled everywhere, suggestion ?????

Yes rather funny I know

It is ok, I didnt actually click the Answer button yet as I wanted to make sure I could actually help. I try not to even let people pay unless I am of some use....I want to make my money, but want to do a service too!

That being said. PLEASE come abck and reply to this question and let me know what Nextel says. I would guess that they would let you do it no problem and that there is a easy way around the SIM code, but if I am wring I want to make sure I am able to help you figure out some other options!!

You can reply to this same question evem after you click accept, so no need to open a new one or pay agaiN!

PLEASE DO NOT leave Negative feedback! If you need more help PLEASE just reply to this question and I will keep working with you!

Let me kno!! :)
Richard S.
I will let you know the most effective way to pull this one off to share with others. It's a wildly popular inquiry webwide.........Back later.....PH
Please do!!! Thanks!
Richard S.
Richard S.