Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I am looking for a cordless land phone with a small ear piece…

Customer Question
I am looking for a...
I am looking for a cordless "land phone" with a small ear piece and small key pad. I do not want it for my cel phone I want it as a land phone so that I can move about without having to carry a cordless hand held.
I do appreciate your reply.
Sincerely,
Margaret [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
6/28/2010
Cell Phone Technician: Christopher Bessler, Engineer replied 8 years ago
Christopher Bessler
Chat Conversation Started
Christopher Bessler :

I work with one of these. Really what you are looking for is a 'Hands Free cordless phone.'

Customer:

yes

Christopher Bessler :

You might have the best luck by getting a hands free headset that works with your regular phone. Unless you need something smaller that you can carry with you around your house?

Christopher Bessler :

Something like this: LINK

Christopher Bessler :

I have a similar one.

Christopher Bessler :

Works GREAT

Customer:

The phone shown on the above LINK is just not the ideal as you would still be connected to a phone with a wire to the headset.

Christopher Bessler :

But the phone actually can click to your belt.

Christopher Bessler :

If you would rather have the headset ONLY, there are a lot of options there.

Christopher Bessler :

Let me know

Christopher Bessler :

How about something like this: LINK

Christopher Bessler :

That phone has a wireless headset with a 600 foot range.

Customer:

Yes, a headset only would be ideal, as the cord shown on the link continues to catch on everything while I would be in motion. It would work only if I were stationary. PS. Bad news.... I have a hearing problem and have to adjust my present land phones volume.

Customer:

Where can I view it?

Christopher Bessler :

Right here: LINK

Christopher Bessler :

Scroll down, and it states the wirelss headset is included, and that it has a 600 foot range.

Customer:

It says cordless, however there is still a wired connection from the small phone to the headset. I was not able to locate a COMPLETE wireless headset version. Am I missing something?

Customer:

Thanks Chris.

Christopher Bessler :

No, that is optional. You can plug it in direct or you can use the headset completely wireless

Christopher Bessler :

You can see it in the user manual here

Christopher Bessler :

http://content.etilize.com/User-Manual/11973929.pdf

Christopher Bessler :

But I will look for another one, just in case it is too ambiguous

Customer:

I appreciate your effort, thankyou Chris

Christopher Bessler :

A Plantronics headset (best on the market) is here: LINK

Christopher Bessler :

Those headsets work with just about any kind of high end analog phone.

Christopher Bessler :

PC soft phones

Christopher Bessler :

Or with regular desk phones

Christopher Bessler :

I am actually wearing one now

Customer:

I saw that one in my search. Can you dial out or is it strictly an answer only?

Christopher Bessler :

It's an answer only.

Christopher Bessler :

That's why the last one I suggested: LINK

Christopher Bessler :

Is the most preferable

Christopher Bessler :

HOWEVER

Christopher Bessler :

I did find this:

Christopher Bessler :

http://www.amazon.com/COMMUNICATIONS-XG2500-Cordless-Headset-Telephone/dp/B00074E0E6/ref=pd_sxp_grid_i_1_2

Christopher Bessler :

Use the direct link: LINK

Christopher Bessler :

This one is a headset and wireless phone in one.

Christopher Bessler :

I don't have one of these, but I always wanted to try one.

Christopher Bessler :

It got good reviews ona couple sites

Christopher Bessler :

And it solves your issues

Christopher Bessler :

Dial in, dial out

Customer:

Why is this so difficult? Am I asking for the impossible? I know that I have seen one and of course envied it. No idea where it was from, or it's cost. Chris I do so appreciate all you are doing, it is really worth the cost. Margaret

Christopher Bessler :

No problem

Christopher Bessler :

Here is another good one: LINK

Christopher Bessler :

this one is blue tooth

Christopher Bessler :

So you can get any bluetooth headset you want and sync it with the handset

Christopher Bessler :

Let me know...

Christopher Bessler :

It looks like you stepped out of the chat.

Christopher Bessler :

So I am going to switch this to a Q&A question.

Christopher Bessler :

If you wind up need further assistance, let me know.

Christopher Bessler :

But those last two, the full phone on the headset and the Bluetooth one, are definitely my favorites

Christopher Bessler :

Did you get a chance to look at those last two?

Customer:

No I didn't DON'T GO CHRIS.....

Christopher Bessler :

OK, I'm staying here

Customer:

No I dodn't go...... PLEASE STAY CHRIS.

Christopher Bessler :

OK, I'm staying

Christopher Bessler :

LINK

Christopher Bessler :

This is a small, but effective one that got great reviews.

Christopher Bessler :

And the Bluetooth one is here: LINK

Christopher Bessler :

The Bluetooth one has the advantage of you being able to use ANY bluetooth headset, including a plantronics one, instead of the earpiece that it comes with.

Christopher Bessler :

And it is totally wireless, both the handset and headset.

Customer:

CHRIS HELP..... I was checking the phones. Do you mean that I can have a blue tooth receiver linked with my land phone? everyone I have talked to says Bluethooth is for cell phones only. How can I go about doing that because there are great little ear sets out there?

Christopher Bessler :

You can have a bluetooth headset links to any device that accepts blue tooth. It is definitely NOT for cell phone only.

Christopher Bessler :

As long as your landphone can work with blue tooth, some can, some cannot. You can pick up any bluetooth headset and sync it up.

Christopher Bessler :

Each device has a different procedure. You set the handset to acquire mode, and the headset to search mode, and they sync up.

Customer:

Chris, Is the age of the land phone come into play with this, or do I go and look for a new one and if so, what one? (oh, my questions)

Christopher Bessler :

Yes, the age of a land phone comes into play. Anything older than 4-5 years will most likely NOT have bluetooth capability.

Christopher Bessler :

There are tons of land phone with bluetooth capability, you jsut need to modify your search to 'desk phone with bluetooth'

Customer:

That then is a decision maker there, and I will go back and look at all or your recommendations (which are greatly appreciated) I hope I can find something as it looks like Amazon carries most of what we have mailed about. Again thank you Chris for all you help..... Truly appreciated Margaret

My favorite one is the bluetooth one:

LINK

This solves all your issues, and has the capability of using multiple headsets.

Thanks.

_______________________________________________________________________
Thank you for your question. If my answer helped at all, please accept. Positive feedback and/or a bonus is always greatly appreciated!