Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

my new iphone worked for 4 days, but now Im getting a no…

Customer Question
my new iphone worked for...
my new iphone worked for 4 days, but now I'm getting a "no sim card installed" message and i can't make/take calls.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
6/28/2010
Cell Phone Technician: Mike, Cell Phone Technician replied 8 years ago
Mike, Cell Phone Technician
Hi, that means your SIM card is going bad (if this is a new SIM, it may just not be seated properly - try removing and reinserting it first then proceed if necessary). For now, remove the SIM and make sure it is clean. Then put a couple of pieces of scotch tape on the back of the card. This will make it thicker which will in turn apply more pressure to the contacts when you reinsert the SIM. This should make it work better, but will only last for so long. You'll need to obtain a new SIM card from AT&T (or whoever your service provider is).

Regards,

Edited by Mike on 6/28/2010 at 4:24 PM EST