Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I have a Motorola V9 and Mobile Phone Tolls software. I have…

Customer Question
I have a Motorola V9...
I have a Motorola V9 and Mobile Phone Tolls software. I have reinstalled the software on a new PC but it will not recognize my phone or give the the phone model to select manually. Is there a solution
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
6/28/2010
Cell Phone Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 8 years ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator

I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer. :)

Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question may be unclear
2. the question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
3. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully

Please feel free to re-word your question or add additional information you might feel helpful for the Experts to assist you.
If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Gina
JustAnswer Moderator
I have a Motorola V9 cell phone which came with Motorola Phone Tools Software to sync contacts, schedules etc. I purchased a new PC and re-installed the software but it will not recognize my phone. Need a solution
Cell Phone Technician: Mike, Cell Phone Technician replied 8 years ago
Mike, Cell Phone Technician
Hi, can you tell me what version of Windows is on your PC?
windows XP Pro
Ok... so let's try to find out where/what is failing. After installing the software, you opened the software and got the part where it said to turn your phone on and plug it in? Did you get to the point that says "Please wait. Your phone is being installed and setup"?

Edited by Mike on 6/29/2010 at 8:23 PM EST
Yes and then it goes on to say it could not identify the phone. I then chosse the manual option and it sitll does not work. Interestingly - I did go to updates and with that a Motorola icaon shows up in the bottom right saying that my phone has been recognized. Also, this has worked previously using the same operation sustem. Hope this helps.
This may sound trivial, but try this: unplug your phone (or just make sure it's NOT connected). Reboot your computer. Start the software and go through the steps, but do NOT plug in your phone until the software prompts you to do so (step 15 I believe). It may be that Windows XP is installing a generic driver for the device before the software can recognize and install the proper driver. Let me know what happens.