Mike, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  6+ Years Repair / Support / Troubleshooting / and Programming Experience
11762411

Hi, I just updated software on my iPhone and when it finished

Customer Question

I just updated software on my iPhone and when it finished all my contacts were gone.
Is there a way to recover them?

Clifford
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
Hi, go to iTunes Preferences, and look under devices, and then backups and tell me what you have there.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Devicebackups:
Clifford Vowell_iPhone Today 11:55 AM
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
Great... now hopefully that backup was made when you first plugged your phone in to iTunes which was just before you installed the update. You can restore your device from backup (which will restore any data that is stored in that backup you found in preferences). To do this follow the steps on this page under "Restoring Your iPhone, iPod or iPad". Note that in Step 9, you'll want to use the "Restore from backup of" option, and select the backup you have. That will restore your device's data with all the information stored in that backup file.

Regards,