Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

how do you unlock an acer liquid s100

Customer Question
how do you unlock an acer liquid s100
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
6/26/2010
Cell Phone Technician: Michael Hannigan, Cell Phone Technician replied 8 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Cell Phone Technician
Hello. I can assist you with your question. Are you looking to unlock one you currently have, or to purchase one that is already unlocked?
I bought an acer liquid s100 without a sim card in the UAE. When I put in my uk vodafone sim there is a "Not connected to the network" error message. Vodafone say it is the phone and not their sim. I therefoe need to unlock the phone so it will work on all networks

I understand. Those phones are too expensive for the carrier to dictate what you can use it for.

First, you can try calling the previous carrier. They will usually help you unlock it. (I know - it seems counter-intuitive, but it's true). Even so, that is a pain in the rear since it takes forever to get through to the technical people that can help you. Obviously they don't want to make it convenient.

The other way to do it is to use an unlock service that will send you a code with instructions, and this is fairly inexpensive (<$5US). They will send you the code with instructions, or display it on the screen right after you pay for it. Some of the sites don't give you what they promise, but I have heard good feedback on the site below:

http://www.cellunlockstore.com

I should tell you that I have not used them personally, but I have received good feedback about them from people here. If you decide to do that, please let me know how you make out.

If for some reason that doesn't leave you satisfied, we can try other routes. This one will be the easiest if all goes well, I think.

I followed you link to cellunlockstore however they were unable to help

So where now?