Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

Mr brand new Samsung E2210L is showing no network signal even…

Customer Question
Mr brand new Samsung E2210L...
Mr brand new Samsung E2210L is showing no network signal even though the simcard shows full siganl and works wehn put into other phones. Is there anyway I can fix this myself as I live in the desert, 1000km from the nearest phone shop?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/26/2010
Cell Phone Technician: pradeep_tech, Electronics Engineer replied 8 years ago
pradeep_tech
pradeep_tech, Electronics Engineer
Hi thank you for using JA.

Have you tried rebooting your phone i.e taking out the battery ,putting it back and making it ON.Try this and let me know what happens.

Regards,
Pradeep
Yes that was the first thing i tried. ive also taken the sim card out and put it back in again. Ive also gone to settings changed network settings to manual and have searched for a network but no network is found.
Have you tried the factory reset.Check out your manual how to do factory reset.May be that will solve your problem.

If factory reset does not solve your problem then sir I am afraid u need to flash your phone i.e installing a new set of softwares in your phone but for this you will have to take it to a local tech unless u have that much of knowledge in flashing for doing it yourself.

Regards
Pradeep

Ive already checked and the user manual does not show how to restore factory settings.

Relist: I prefer a second opinion.
The expert who previously answered my question asked me to do a number of things which i have already done or could not do:
1 take out and replace battery and reboot
2 same with SIM
3 search manually for network
4 Restore phone to factory settings according to user manual (it does not tell me in my user manual how to do this)

None of the above worked. I have not yet tried restoring factory settings as dont know how to. He then suggested I go see a technician which i cannot do. So i was hoping someone else might have another suggestion or know how to restore factory settings