Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

Is it possible to recover two video voicemails from the internal…

Customer Question
Is it possible to recover...
Is it possible to recover two video voicemails from the internal memory of a water damaged Samsung Instinct, First Generation?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
6/25/2010
Cell Phone Technician: Andy, Electronics & Computer Consultant replied 8 years ago
Andy, Electronics & Computer Consultant
Hi

Does the cell phone turns on at all ... does any light on the phone turns on at all ?

Unfortunately, no. There was a "summary" screen, when I took the phone out of the washing machine and out of the pants
Hi

Did you try to connect the phone to your computer ?

Do you have its data cable ?

Sorry, for the delay. It took a while to find the proper USB cable. When plugging in the cable, the backlighting on the bottom of the phone shined through. The indicator showed, "charging" and a windows box came up asking to install Samsung (Instinct) software, which it could not find within Windows. The "charging" light went away. The Instint remains connected to the computer, via the USB cable.

I am not sure what to do next?

Hi

You said that "The indicator showed, "charging" and a windows box came up asking to install Samsung (Instinct) software, which it could not find within Windows."
So did you get the windows box on the Phone screen ... or Computer screen ?

Which charging light went away ? ... are you talking about the LED light on the phone

What is displayed on the Phone's display when you turn on the phone ... and when you connect it to computer. Or is the phone's display BLANK or BLACK always ?

I have installed a Samsung Mobile Driver and the Instinct Software on my computer. (The Sprint online techinical rep told me that the video voicemails that I want to retrieve are, in fact, within the old Instinct phone.) She said that I may have the wrong USB adapter, since it will only charge both the old and new Instincts and will not connect to the computer. So, I will head back to the store.

To answer your question, when the USB cable is connected, the Samsung progress bar rolls across the screen. The backlighting, on the bottom of the phone is engaged. Both the new and the old phone show a battery with an upward moving green light, in the middle of the screen. They go dark, after a short period of time, and, presumably, continue charging. The old phone eventually made one light clicking sound which was, previously, indicative of a full charge. But the phone can still not be turned on. It is deactivated, in favor of the replacement phone or it is incapable of turning on?

Hi

It is deactivated, in favor of the replacement phone or it is incapable of turning on?

This phone cannot be deactivated in such a way. The symptoms clearly show that there is either hardware or firmware failure in the phone.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" to acknowledge my answer.

(You need to click ACCEPT even if you are a SUBSCRIPTION or TRIAL member)

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.