Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

My i phone email opens then closes immediately

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
6/24/2010
Cell Phone Technician: Mike, Cell Phone Technician replied 8 years ago
Mike, Cell Phone Technician
Hi, this usually occurs as a result of having a "bounced message" in your inbox. To rectify the situation, you'll need to log into your mail service via another method (desktop client, or web page) and delete the offending mail message. The simplest and quickest way is to simply delete all of the messages, but if you need certain email messages, obviously you'll only want to delete the message(s) that are causing the problem, so you can delete them one by one. Start with your most recent mail (or the mail that you received closest to the time that you started experiencing this error. Once you get rid of the bounced message, your email app will no longer crash on the iPhone.

Regards,

How do I know which message is bouncing ?
You don't, or it would be as easy as deleting that message. You can read more about what it is exactly here if you'd like: What is Bounced Mail, no need for me to copy/paste. But there's no way to determine which message is causing the problem. That's why you have to delete all of them or delete them one by one until the problem is solved.
I had to do something with the phone setting, but I don't remember what it was. It had to do with turning of the aiplane mode and doing some other stuff. Do you know what that would be.?
If you've turned on Airplane mode, that would certainly stop your email from working, but it shouldn't crash. Look in Settings and see if Airplane Mode is ON. If it is, turn it OFF. It's the very first setting in Settings. Although possible, again, it shouldn't cause your email app to crash.

airplane mone is off

That's as it should be... that's not the problem. You have a bounced message as I explained.
The mail app does not stay open. How can I delete all the messages from the email folder
You have to access the mail from another source... I explained this. Pleas read above.

I have deleted all emails in the last 24 hours from my email server and my computer. I don't understand why this would cause the iphone email to close. What else can you suggest ? How about the Push function on the phone ?

I'm sorry, but I've explained the problem... I can't go on restating the same things any longer. I'll opt out so that maybe another expert can help. Best of luck!
There has been no resolution.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
The answer suggested did not solve the problem
I understand your frustration, but the problem is not solved because you're refusing to follow my instructions which were to delete ALL mail messages. You problem will not be solved unfortunately until you follow the instructions. Marking the answer as "inaccurate" will not help unfortunately, but again, I understand your frustration and I don't take it personally. Just trying to help. Again, best of luck to you. I have opted out so will not spend any more time here, but other experts have been notified and will respond here accordingly.

Edited by Mike on 6/24/2010 at 9:10 PM EST
I have deleted all emails from my computer and the mail server. How can I delete the emails on the phone, as the application does not stay open long enough.