Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

how do i hactivate an iphone 2g with out an active att line…

Customer Question
how do i hactivate an...
how do i hactivate an iphone 2g with out an active att line? or access to one. thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
6/23/2010
Cell Phone Technician: Mike, Cell Phone Technician replied 8 years ago
Mike, Cell Phone Technician
Hi, you don't have to have an AT&T line to activate an iPhone, so no worries there. You just need to "unlock" the device, which is different than "jailbreaking" with spirit. You have to do the jailbreak in order to do the unlock though. To jailbreak/unlock, you need to use Redsnow here: Jailbreak/Unlock iPhone 2G on 3.1.3. Follow the step-by-step directions on that page and you should be all set. That will unlock your device, hactivate it, and allow you to use it on another carrier.

Regards,

Edited by Mike on 6/23/2010 at 5:40 PM EST
Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. Thanks!

Edited by Mike on 6/28/2010 at 12:27 PM EST