Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

I can plug my I phone into my computer through the port. I…

Customer Question
I can plug my I...
I can plug my I phone into my computer through the port. I can see the pictures. But I want to be able to copy the phone numbers stored in my phone into the computer, as backup. How can I store the backup numbers in the computer?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
6/17/2010
Cell Phone Technician: MOBILE_GURU, Cell Phone Tech replied 8 years ago
MOBILE_GURU
MOBILE_GURU, Cell Phone Tech
Hi there and thank you for using Just Answer. If you just want to back up your contacts this is done every time you sync with iTunes. If you want to view these contacts on a Windows based machine then you will need additional software. If you are using a MAC, then they will be listed in your address book. You can see these back ups under preferences and then under back ups. Here is a list of everything that iTunes backs up when a sync is completed. If you require further clarity you can visit this link here. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766. Please click the green accept button below and please consider leave positive feedback. Bonuses are also GREATLY appreciated. Thank you. Michael.

iTunes creates a backup of your iPhone or iPod touch when you sync.

iTunes will back up the following information:

With iPhone OS 1.1 and later

Safari bookmarks, cookies, history, and currently open pages
Map bookmarks, recent searches, and the current location displayed in Maps
Application settings, preferences, and data
Address Book and Address Book favorites
Calendar accounts
Wallpapers
Notes
Call history
Mail accounts
YouTube bookmarks
SMS messages
Saved suggestion corrections (these are saved automatically as you reject suggested corrections)
Camera roll (photos and screen shots taken by the iPhone)
Voicemail token (this is not the Voicemail password, but is used for validation when connecting. This is only restored to a phone with the same phone number on the SIM card.)
Web clips
Network settings (saved wifi spots, VPN settings, network preferences)
Paired Bluetooth devices (which can only be used if restored to the same phone that did the backup)
Keychain (this includes email account passwords, Wi-Fi passwords, and passwords you enter into websites and some other applications. The keychain can only be restored from backup to the same iPhone or iPod touch. If you are restoring to a new device, you will need to fill in these passwords again.)
With iPhone 2.0 and later

Managed Configurations/Profiles
List of External Sync Sources (Mobile Me, Exchange ActiveSync)
Microsoft Exchange account configurations
Nike + iPod saved workouts and settings
App Store Application data (except the Application itself, its tmp and Caches folder).
With iPhone 3.0 and later

Videos in camera roll
Per app preferences allowing use of location services
Offline web application cache/database
Voice memos
Autofill for web pages
Trusted hosts that have certificates that cannot be verified
Web sites approved to get the location of the device
In-app purchases
New with iPhone 3.1

Videos in the camera roll that are 2 GB or larger are not backed up.

Edited by MOBILE_GURU on 6/17/2010 at 2:03 AM EST