Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

When I click the envelope button on my Treo, the device just…

Customer Question
When I click the "envelope"...
When I click the "envelope" button on my Treo, the device just reboots. Help!!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
6/12/2010
Cell Phone Technician: pradeep_tech, Electronics Engineer replied 8 years ago
pradeep_tech
pradeep_tech, Electronics Engineer
Hi thank you for using JA.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

Have you installed any new application to your device?

Have you tried resetting it?

Regards,
Pradeep
No, I have not installed any new application.

I'm not sure what you mean by "resetting it". If you mean turning it off and then turning it back on, yes. That is essentially what it does when I press the memo button, it just immediately re-boots.

JJ
Hi how are you.
Resetting means taking out the battery and again putting it back and turning it ON.

Try this and let me know what happens.

Regards,
Pradeep
Yes, numerous times. Nothing changes.
Hi can I know the exact model of your TREO?

Regards,
Pradeep
Treo 680
Hi you just try warm reset and let me know whether your problem is solved or not.

To do warm reset just do the following steps:

1. Turn off wireless mode by pressing and holding the red Power/End key.
  2. Remove the battery cover.
  3. Press and hold the UP button on the front panel of your device.
  4. Take out the battery.
  5. Put the battery back in.
  6. If you see a progress bar , keep holding the UP button.
  7. Next, the Palm Powered screen (see below) will appear. Release the UP button when you see it.

As this reset is a bit awkward to perform, sometimes it doesn't actually happen when you think it does. Test to see if it worked:

1. Go to the Applications launcher and open Prefs.
  2. Select General (on some devices, you may need to select Power).
  3. Go to Beam Receive. Try to select On. If it still displays "Off," then your device was correctly system reset.
Note:Certain features of your device, such as HotSync and some wireless communications, will be disabled after the system reset. You need to perform a soft reset to enable these features again.

Regards,
Pradeep

If my answer helped you then please click the ACCEPT button.
Please Do Not ACCEPT if you wish to leave Negative Feedback.

Positive Feedback
and Bonus are Welcomed.

Sorry!

Did NOT work.

JJ
Then sir you have to do Hard Reset.This is the ultimate way.

But first keep in mind back up your datas so that you will not loose anything because hard reset deletes all your previous datas.

Let me know you know the procedure to hard reset or not.

Regards,
Pradeep
I have backed up all my data on the Treo to my desktop.

No, I do not know what a "hard reset" is.

JJ
Ok sir this is the procedure to do a hard reset.

1. Remove the battery cover.
  2. Press and hold the Power (on/off) button on your device.
  3. While holding the Power button, take out the battery and put it back in.
  4. If you see a progress bar (see below), keep holding the Power button.
  5. Next, the Palm Powered screen will appear. Release the Power button when you see it.
  6. You'll see a screen that asks: Erase all data? YES = "up" button NO = any other button. Press UP on your 5-way navigator to complete the hard reset.
Please try this and let me know what happens.
Regards,
Pradeep