Cell Phones

Cellphone repair questions? Ask a cellphone technician ASAP

What is the best way to transfer contacts from a Palm Pre to…

Customer Question
What is the best way...
What is the best way to transfer contacts from a Palm Pre to my new Iphone?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cell Phones
6/10/2010
Cell Phone Technician: pradeep_tech, Electronics Engineer replied 8 years ago
pradeep_tech
pradeep_tech, Electronics Engineer
Hi thank you for using JA.

here is one easy and quick way to transfer contact from your palm pre to your new iphone.

#First sync your palm to outlook.

#Then sync your outlook to your iPhone. It'll grab the outlook contacts.

Or another way is

#First download Palm Desktop. Make sure your Palm phone is synchronized up.

#Go to the Address page, select all contacts (Ctrl-A), and export them with File, Export vCard... This puts all contact information into a single file as a sequence of vCards."

#Then send the file you saved as an e-mail attachment - using any mail (i.e. gmail, yahoo, outlook, etc) - to your i-phone e-mail. Open this email on the i-phone and push the attachement - it then asked you if you want to add these, click (push?) yes, and select either merge or new and you got them.

Try any of these methods above and your contacts will be transfered easily to your iphone.

If you like my answer click the ACCEPT button.Please Do Not ACCEPT if you wish to leave Negative Feedback.

Regards,
Pradeep
The info on a palm pre is on a encrypted server and is not available to sync to a computer. This is my problem and this info will only help me with my husband's palm Treo, not a Palm Pre.
Hello madam.

How are you.

have you tried the Missing sync software.Its compatible with your palm pre phone and allows you to synchronize contacts between your palm pre and computer.It will surely help you out with transferring your contacts to your i phone.

If you like my answer please click the ACCEPT button.Please Do not ACCEPT if you wish to leave Negative feedback.

Regards,
Pradeep
I bought this program just now but that doesn't seem to be working either. I'm so tired of all the tech support people who can't help me. I am also too frustrated to keep dealing with this and will just transfer my contacts manually and individually.
Hi I am sorry I cannot assist you further.

Let me opt out here so that other expert may better help you out.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
Pradeep
Even with the missing sync program I still have to type in each phone number individually. This is all very annoying and time-consuming. I'm going to bed now. I work nights and need to get some sleep.
I will try the Missing Sync program again on Sunday. I can't do anything the days I work 12hour shifts. Right now this program has been of no use to me.