We came home from a trip and the cat (1 year old) is moaning/meowing in almost a stuttering sound and she just keeps

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: We came home from a trip and the cat (1 year old) is moaning/meowing in almost a stuttering sound and she just keeps spreading herself out on the floor with her butt up and everything else flat. It’s very strange
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Aside from this meowing, have you noticed other behavioral changes in the cat? Does she appear to be in pain?
Customer: yes she appears to be in pain
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: sofi one year old doll-faced Persian
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not really
Answered by Denise Nelson in 4 hours 2 months ago
imglogo
Denise Nelson
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hi-Doc Nelson here with JA! I have been a vet for over 30 years. I just logged onto the website and saw that you have not received an answer yet - I'm truly sorry about that! Please be patient with me as I'm typing up replies as I don't type very fast!

I'm sorry you have been concerned about Sofi! If she has not been spayed yet, then the symptoms you have described are likely due to Sofi being in heat. If Sofi has been spayed, then I would get her into a local vet to be evaluated as her symptoms could be due to severe abdominal pain. I hope Sofi is all right and that she does well for you!

Customer
Thank you!

You're very welcome!

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Denise Nelson
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Denise Nelson
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.