71,802 satisfied customers
Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary
Before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me, so could you please confirm the following :
1. Has Sierra normally been in good health up to this point?
2. Is there any significant history of any ongoing disease conditions of any kind?
Got it thanks, ***** ***** by, I am typing up your answer right now.
My aim is to get an initial answer back to you within the next ten minutes.
I am sorry to hear about Sierra's problem, I know that you must be very concerned. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
But please understand that this sort of thing is always a gamble so if you want to be 100% sure you are doing the right thing you should have a vet check Sierra over without delay. That said vomiting in the cat is actually quite common, it can occur when a cat has eaten something she should not, or has had some unaccustomed rich foodstuff, or has somehow acquired a minor tummy bug. But of course, much more serious causes can occur.
I will give you a home remedy treatment plan, which could help with uncomplicated minor cases, indeed this could well resolve the issue. With more serious situations it could help settle things down until you can get Sierra to your vet.
1. Pepcid which is an over-the-counter " human " drug can be useful to treat cats suffering from gastroenteritis. Here is a link to a web page that has all the information you might need including dose rates and contraindications: https://cat-world.com/pepcid-famotidine-for-cats/
2. In simple cases, controlling the cat's diet alone can often resolve things. The basis of this is to give Sierra intestinal tract a complete rest and then slowly bring it back to function.
A. Starve Sierra for 24 hours but make sure she has access to water. If she is not drinking then you may want to give small amounts of water on the hour with a dropper or syringe.
B. The next day, feed her four or five small light meals in the day. These meals should be the likes of chicken, fish, scrambled eggs, etc. with a little rice.
C. If Sierra picks up on this diet gradually reintroduce her normal diet over the next few days
3. Live yogurt is full of " good " bacteria and will seed them into Sierra's intestinal tract and could help restore the balance. You do not need to give much, a teaspoon twice a day is fine for adult cats.
Alternatively consider a probiotic such as Forti Flora which can be purchased at many pet/grain stores or online.
But I have to really stress this last part. Do not take risks, if things do not quickly resolve or if Sierra deteriorates in any significant way then you should have a local vet check her over as soon as possible.
But in any case, I should be available online for you for the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if Sierra's condition changes in any way or indeed if you would like to talk things over with me further.
Have I answered your question to your satisfaction? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Thank you for using our site.
Thank you for visiting JustAnswer, I hope you are happy with our service. But please let me know if you still need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions related to your current issue - I am always happy to help.
71,802 satisfied customers
31,131 satisfied customers