Ever since my cat got spayed she’s been throwing up like every other week usually it’s like one time it’s never like a

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Hi, ever since my cat got spayed she’s been throwing up like every other week usually it’s like one time it’s never like a two day thing
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Does the vomit look liquidy or foamy? Is there food in it?
Customer: it’s actually chunky
JA: Could she have eaten anything unusual?
Customer: yes she def might have she is prone to eat things she shouldn’t sometimes she will usually throw up and then be completely fine after
JA: What's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Shuri and she is 1 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: When she got spayed she also got a soft hernia fixed not sure if that will help but thought I should let you know
Answered by Paul M. DVM in 1 min 1 year ago
imglogo
Paul M. DVM
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Customer
This is what the throw up looks like

Hello this is Dr. Paul.  I have over 10 years of clinical experience working on dogs and cats in general practice and emergency medicine situations. It is my pleasure to assist you today with Shuri.  one moment while i review your question

I'm sorry to hear this.  Is she currently taking any medications?  Have you changed her food at all in the last few weeks?

Customer
Hi she is not, but she did get spayed back in September though
Customer
I haven’t changed her food but I did get a new bowl and a water fountain about a month or so back

ok thank you.  is she still eating well?

Customer
she has been eating well and drinking her water

ok that is encouraging. Hopefully this is just an upset stomach or stomach virus.   I would start treating with the following: 1) Do not feed any solid foods for the next 24 hours, but continue to provide plenty of water.  2) After 24 hours, if we are not having any vomiting, you can feed a small amount of canned food such as fancy feast 3) Begin giving a probiotic for pets such as fortiflora which you can get from your local pet store or Amazon.     Begin switching back to normal food if vomiting is improving after 3-4 days

If you notice any persistent vomiting for over 12 hours, lethargy, or blood in the stool then i would go to a veterinarian immediately, but I think this is unlikely to occur in this case

Customer
Okay I will try that out
Customer
Thank you so much
Customer
Perfect thank you so much

you are welcome. I wish her the best of luck

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Paul M. DVM
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Paul M. DVM
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.