Can you find the question i already asked about kitty biting? Apparently whenever owners interact with kitty, but

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Can you find the question i already asked about kitty biting?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice the kitten was acting this way? Does it happen all the time or only sometimes?
Customer: Apparently whenever owners interact with kitty, but behavior only started within last four or so days
JA: Have you tried anything so far that helps the kitten with this behavior?
Customer: Unfortunately this was only share with me yesterday. I was going to suggest flicking her nose and saying “NO!”
JA: What's the kitten's name?
Customer: Autumn
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: apparently this behavior began when they let her walk down a hall. She is being confine in the bathroom because she is so tiny right now and they don’t want her to go behind the fridge or other “dangerous “ place
Answered by T Fisher DVM in 2 hours 1 year ago
imglogo
T Fisher DVM
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello, my name is***** I have experience and education in exotic/avian medicine in addition to dogs and cats. I am NOT available by phone so you may ignore the request for a phone call if it automatically generates and we will continue the chat via text. I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you.  It may take me a few minutes to respond as I may be typing up a response or helping another concerned pet owner.

Veterinary Practice Laws of my state only allow me to provide general advice regarding your pet’s health condition. I cannot provide a diagnosis or prescribe medications without performing a physical exam on your pet.  I will help you decide if the problem with your pet is something you can manage at home, or if additional diagnostic testing or treatment needs to be performed by a veterinarian.

How old is your kitty? I do have a great article for you on biting in kittens and how to work on correcting it.

Underlying medical causes can sometimes cause behavioral changes in kittens, so if she hasn't seen a vet and the behavior is continuing, you should set up an appointment. but I do have some advice for bitey kittens that I will get for you now.

Here is information on why biting occurs and how to curtail it.

https://veterinarypartner.vin.com/default.aspx?pid=19239&id=8978091

Customer
Since she was “dumped”, the guesstimate is around five weeks. Her eyes still had a trace of blue , but she is unbelievably tiny. Amazingly she knew how to use a litter box.

She is likely just in kitten play mode at this time and learning social cues. Its best to have lots of toys and scratching posts around the house to enrich her and prevent her from trying to use you as a scratching and play post.

Do you have any other questions?

Customer
I am most grateful for your response as it resonates with what I was thinking. I shall pray her new owner will be receptive to your counsel. Thank you so much!!!

Of course! Best of luck! Thank you for using Just Answer.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
T Fisher DVM
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
T Fisher DVM
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.