How to get rid of worms naturally? I haven’t talked to a vet. We have farm cats, and I’ve seen little white ‘worms’ near

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: How to get rid of worms naturally?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been concerned about the worms? Have you spoken to a vet about this?
Customer: No, I haven’t talked to a vet. We have farm cats, and I’ve seen little white ‘worms’ near their but.
JA: Has the cat vomited recently? Any signs of blood in their stool?
Customer: no to both questions.
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: The mother is about 4 years old, and the 4 young ones are about 7 mos. old.
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: They live outside, not in the house.
Answered by Rebeccavet in 2 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Rebeccavet
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer today.   I am sorry your cat and kitten have worms.   My name is***** and I will do my best to help.   Do these worms look the size of a grain of rice?

Do you see the worms on all 5 of them?

I hope you can see this chat; I am not seeing responses from you.  I may not see texts; I mainly see posts in this chat.
Different worms take different treatments; there is no one wormer (natural or otherwise) that treats all worms.  These are probably tapeworms but could be roundworms.   A picture might be helpful.

Customer
it looks the size of a wormAnd I’ve seen 2or 3 with them.
Customer
Size of a rice, not of a worm…

That would be a tapeworm.  Tapeworms are spread when a cat swallows a flea,  and are not spread from cat to cat.
You can try diatomaceous earth as a wormer but it can be very irritating especially to kittens.   It would be safer and more effective to get praziquantel for tapeworms.

https://www.chewy.com/bayer-dewormer-tapeworms-cats/dp/139676

I would only worm the cats that have these worms.

I would also start some kind of flea control or the worms will come back.

Customer
Alright, thank you! I’ll try the diatomaceous earth, and see how that works! Thanks again!

You are welcome.  It may or may not work, and it may cause vomiting and diarrhea.

Please let me know if you have other questions and how they are doing.  You can post additional questions and updates about this by going to My Questions on the Just Answer website and I will respond the next time I am logged on. I will also be following up with you.
Thank you for using Just Answer.

Hello; this is Dr. Rebecca checking in to see if you have other questions.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Rebeccavet
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Rebeccavet
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.