My mom gave my 12 week old kitten Tylenol mixed with water while I was sleeping because she has a fever. She’s been

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My mom gave my 12 week old kitten Tylenol mixed with water while I was sleeping because she has a fever. She’s been eating and drinking normally and has lots of energy
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long has the kitten had this fever?
Customer: A day now. I told her to the vet yesterday Took*
JA: What's the kitten's name?
Customer: Inara
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Answered by T Fisher DVM in 5 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
T Fisher DVM
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello, my name is***** I have experience and education in exotic/avian medicine in addition to dogs and cats. I am NOT available by phone so you may ignore the request for a phone call if it automatically generates and we will continue the chat via text. I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you.  It may take me a few minutes to respond as I may be typing up a response or helping another concerned pet owner.

Veterinary Practice Laws of my state only allow me to provide general advice regarding your pet’s health condition. I cannot provide a diagnosis or prescribe medications without performing a physical exam on your pet.  I will help you decide if the problem with your pet is something you can manage at home, or if additional diagnostic testing or treatment needs to be performed by a veterinarian.

Did she go to the vet before or after the tylenol? Tylenol can be extremely toxic in cats due to their inability to process it. Do you know if she actually drank the water?

Customer
She went to the vet before the Tylenol was given and my mom said she made sure she drank the water
Customer
It was crushed and mixed in with the water

How long ago was this now?

Customer
Around 9 AM
Customer
2 hours ago

I think it would be a good idea to bring her to emergency right away where they can induce vomiting and get her started on activated charcoal and potentially fluids as this can be so toxic to cats and she is so small. I would advise giving your emergency clinic a call before heading there to let them know you are on the way.

Customer
Ok. Thank you

I wish the best to you all. Hopefully rapid care will limit side effects.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
T Fisher DVM
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
T Fisher DVM
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.