My cat Harvey, ate some Halloween decoration and threw it up three times this morning. It’s a white paper-like material

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Hello, my cat Harvey, ate some Halloween decoration and threw it up three times this morning. It’s a white paper-like material and he’s throwing it up in the shape of a hair ball. He is acting completely himself and hasn’t lost his apatite or has acted lethargic. Today I am withholding food and going to monitor his bathroom use, is there anything else I should be doing and is there any indication that I should bring him to an emergency vet?
Answered by DianaB219 in 22 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
DianaB219
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello! My name is***** and I’ll be happy to answer your questions about Harvey. So, hopefully he has thrown up all of the decorations. If he continues to vomit or not wanting to eat, then he will need to go to your local vet for X-rays to see if there is a blockage due to foreign body material in his intestines.

Customer
He did eat at 6am and when he threw up the decorations at 10 he did not throw up any food with it. He was just drinking water as well and is acting completely normal. Hopefully he got up what he needed to. Would an X-ray show the white paper like material? Thankfully it wasn’t plastic or thick material.

An X-ray will show a gas pattern, which will mean blockage.. we don’t look for the foreign material per se

Customer
Okay so if he starts to not want to eat or continues to vomit I should take him? Are there any other signs I should look for?

That’s correct ! And those are the main signs for GI foreign  body.

Customer
Thank you, ***** ***** just watch Harvey pass stool in the litter box with no problem or pain.

That’s wonderful!

Thanks for visiting Just Answer! Please feel free to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
DianaB219
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
DianaB219
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.