He has been throwing up at least once a day for the past 5 days, a white froth. His appetite has decreased. Perhaps a

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: he has been throwing up at least once a day for the past 5 days, a white froth. His appetite has decreased
JA: I'll do all I can to help. A lack of appetite can seem worrying. Does the cat also seem more tired than usual?
Customer: perhaps a bit, he still has a lot of spunk and does his usual burst of energy run around the house at least once or twice a day
JA: Does the cat seem to be in any pain?
Customer: not that I can tell
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Bandito, he is about 8 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: his bowel movements are less, hard to tell sometime as my girl cat and him use the same boxes
Answered by Dr Ryan in 5 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Dr Ryan
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Good morning. I Am DR. RYan. I look forward to helping you today.

I am sorry Bandito is vomiting and not himself.

1. Is he still eating and keeping anything down?
  2. Could he have gotten into anything unusual?
Customer
Good morning. He is still eating a bit but only when I give him wet food. He won't eat his usual kibble
Customer
I don't think he got into anything that he shouldn't have, he is strictly an indoor cat

Has he ever had any issues with hair balls?

Customer
no not normally, and so we thought it might be hairball related as if he is trying to expell one, but no hair has come out, my other kitty has occasional hairballs

You might try a hairball gel first. The other thing that can sometimes help is Pepcid AC (1/2 tablet ) every 12 hours. Sometimes the acidity in their stomach can make them vomit like this. It is good that he is still going to bathroom.

Customer
we have given him a hairball gel for a couple of days now. I will try the pepcid AC, thank you. I tried to get into the Vets but they are currently not accepting any appts unless its life or death, they are all booked up, very disappointed in them
Customer
do you think I need to take him to the emergency vet?

I am so sorry to hear that. If he stops eating completely then I would have him checked at emergency vet.

Customer
ok, thank you Dr Ryan

You are very welcome. Please let me know if I can be of additional help.

THANK YOU for using Justanswer.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr Ryan
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dr Ryan
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.