He won’t eat and every time he looks like he is going to throw up he can’t and just screams he is moaning too. Orange

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: He won’t eat and every time he looks like he is going to throw up he can’t and just screams he is moaning too
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: orange tabby cat
JA: When did you first notice this decrease in the Tabby's appetite? How is his energy level?
Customer: he didn’t eat yesterday and today it’s gotten worse
JA: Does the Tabby seem to be in any pain?
Customer: yes
JA: And what's the Tabby's name and age?
Customer: pixel I think he is 4 maybe
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not that I can think of
Answered by Dr. Jen, DVM in 5 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Dr. Jen, DVM
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hi this is Dr. Jen. I am sorry to hear that pixel is having issues. Do you know if he’s urinating normally?

Customer
We haven't seen him use the bathroom recently
Customer
He has been isolating himself and slept in the living room all night

To be completely honest with you I do not like this behavior at all. Cats hide illness very well, so when they start isolating themselves and acting like pixel I worry. Do you have a regular vet, and if so how many hours until they open?

Customer
We have an emergency vet that we were going to go to at 7
Customer
He finally just came into my office and payed in his bed

I think that is a great plan. Please keep me posted on what they say if you don’t mind. I hope it will be something easily treatable.

Customer
They said his urethra is blocked and he needs to be unblocked, he said it's like stones, should be in the hospital for a couple days so they can monitor the urtethra. He said it's causing a blockage and causing a back up will probably be like this from now on and wants to monitor his diet and such

Yes. That’s what I was worried about and why I asked if he was urinating normally. I am so glad you got him to the vet!

Pixel was one of two blocked cats I dealt with this mornknf. Neither of the two had classic symptoms of straining to urinate just acting “off.”

Customer
Yeah hopefully we caught it early enough to where it doesn't cause to much damage.

Fingers crossed!

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Jen, DVM
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dr. Jen, DVM
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.