Has trouble urinating, little pink drops and is in pain. Just now, does not seem to smell strong and I tested ph is

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Has trouble urinating, little pink drops and is in pain
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you notice this pink in the cat's urine? Is there an unusual smell?
Customer: Just now, does not seem to smell strong and I tested ph is toward the acid side of scale around 6.25
JA: Does the cat also seem more tired than usual?
Customer: Just the last hour or so he has been crouching but not sleepy
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Smokey and he is about 11
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He has been eating well and acting normal til now.
Answered by H Sutthill DVM in 22 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
H Sutthill DVM
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hi there, I'm Dr. Helen.

Customer
Hi there!

It sounds like your cat may have a bladder infection or a bladder stone- I'd recommend seeking veterinary care as soon as possible.

Customer
Can it wait till morning or should I seek emergency help?

If she is in a great deal of discomfort, I would go tonight.

Wait- he's a boy, my apologies.  Definitely seek veterinary care tonight.  One of our concerns with male kitties is urinary blockage.

Customer
He is passing small amounts but is uncomfortable, is there anything I can give him to ease the pain till morning?

I really wouldn't wait until tomorrow.  If he is blocked, it can be life threatening.

Customer
Ok, thank you - I don't know what options I have at this time of night but will seek help.

Male cats who are straining to urinate, even if they are producing a small amount of urine are considered an emergency.    Good luck.  You can google veterinary emergency to reach a 24 hour care facility.  He's lucky to have such an observant owner.

Customer
Thanks, ***** ***** my furries! Lots of stories I could tell (had a goat I went through this with).
Customer
Thanks for your help!

I'm glad I could help.

Customer
Just got back from the vet, no blockage just a UTI, he is home and much happier.

I'm so glad.  Thank you for the update.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
H Sutthill DVM
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
H Sutthill DVM
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.