I wanted to get antibiotics for my cat. She has a bloody puss discharge. about a week. Licking. Kit Kat is her name and

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: I wanted to get antibiotics for my cat
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the cat's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: She has a bloody puss discharge . about a week
JA: Has the cat been licking or rubbing the pus?
Customer: Yes licking
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Kit Kat is her name and 5 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Answered by E.Childress,DVM in 10 hours 1 year ago
imglogo
E.Childress,DVM
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello!  I am Dr. Erica, a licensed veterinarian with Just Answer, and I am here to help you!  I would like to let you know that while this is a forum for veterinary advice, I am not legally permitted to make a diagnosis, dispense medications, nor form a doctor-patient relationship through this website.  However, I am here to help guide you and your pet toward a resolution to the best of my ability.

Please allow me a few minutes to review your question.  I may ask a few additional questions to gain understanding and better help you and your pet.  I appreciate your patience.

You may receive an offer from Just Answer for a phone call.  This is not directly from me; I am unable to take phone consultations at this time and you do not have to accept the offer for a call.

FDA laws prohibit veterinarians from writing prescriptions unless we have physically seen and examined the animal.  Therefore, I am unable to provide a prescription through this virtual format.

Where is the discharge coming from in your cat?

If you are seeing discharge (from anywhere, really) that contains pus, you are right in thinking that indicates Kit Kat has an infection.  This is an issue that will need to be seen and treated by your family veterinarian so I would encourage you to make an appointment today to take your kitty in for an exam.  Your vet will be able to prescribe appropriate antibiotics and advise you of any other treatment necessary.

If you would like to provide more details, I am happy to address any further questions or concerns you may have.  Please don't hesitate to reply to this thread and I can give you a more specific answer about your cat.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
E.Childress,DVM
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
E.Childress,DVM
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.