He had urinary blockage surgery in June and needs a prescription diet but we're still waiting for his first appointment.

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: He had urinary blockage surgery in June and needs a prescription diet but we're still waiting for his first appointment.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long has the cat had this blockage?
Customer: We adopted him last month but I believe it started in May...I bought a similar otc version of his food and he's been eating it fine but for 2 days now has had streaks of blood in his stools??
JA: Does he ever go outside?
Customer: No
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Jack Jack will be 2 on Halloween
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He's our first pet❤️
Answered by T Fisher DVM in 18 hours 1 year ago
imglogo
T Fisher DVM
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello, my name is***** I have experience and education in exotic/avian medicine in addition to dogs and cats. I am NOT available by phone so you may ignore the request for a phone call if it automatically generates and we will continue the chat via text. I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you.  It may take me a few minutes to respond as I may be typing up a response or helping another concerned pet owner.

Veterinary Practice Laws of my state only allow me to provide general advice regarding your pet’s health condition. I cannot provide a diagnosis or prescribe medications without performing a physical exam on your pet.  I will help you decide if the problem with your pet is something you can manage at home, or if additional diagnostic testing or treatment needs to be performed by a veterinarian.

Customer
Sounds great!! Thank you

He may be having an adverse sensitivity to the new food causing the blood in the stool, but other things like stress, parasites, inflammatory bowel disease, among other things can cause blood in the stool. Are you able to get the prescription diet from the veterinarian who performed the surgery? In the mean time you may get him started on a probiotic like Visbiome to help support a healthy gut flora! https://www.vetrxdirect.com/product/view/visbiome-vet-high-potency-probiotic-for-dogs-otc/variation-13121?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpPvX-KXo8wIVNm5vBB2TBwZ_EAQYASABEgKidfD_BwE

Customer
I'm calling to ask today about that, I was able to get him scheduled for our first vet exam Nov.19. Thank you so much for the advice, I will check it out right now.

Of course, I wish you all the best! I think it would be a good idea to call! Do you have any other questions?

Customer
Nope. You absolutely helped me. You are very appreciated by Us all here!!

Ok, I hope he feels better soon! Take care! Thank you for using Just Answer!

Customer
Thank you!! God Bless!!
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
T Fisher DVM
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
T Fisher DVM
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.