I found something on my cat. We just noticed it how can I send you a pic. A few weeks ago she got fleas never goes

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Hi
JA: Hi there. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: I found something on my cat
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the cat's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: we just noticed it how can I send you a pic
JA: The Vet will be able to answer your question, plus any follow-ups you may have. Does the cat ever go outside? Are they taking any medications?
Customer: A few weeks ago she got fleas never goes outside
JA: What's the cat's name and age?
Customer: bella 3
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: ok thanks
Answered by E.Childress,DVM in 58 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
E.Childress,DVM
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello!  I am Dr. Erica, a licensed veterinarian with Just Answer, and I am here to help you!  I would like to let you know that while this is a forum for veterinary advice, I am not legally permitted to make a diagnosis, dispense medications, nor form a doctor-patient relationship through this website.  However, I am here to help guide you and your pet toward a resolution to the best of my ability.

Please allow me a few minutes to review your question.  I may ask a few additional questions to gain understanding and better help you and your pet.  I appreciate your patience.

You may receive an offer from Just Answer for a phone call.  This is not directly from me; I am unable to take phone consultations at this time and you do not have to accept the offer for a call.

Can you please provide more information about what you found on your cat?  You should be able to attach a picture if you have one available!

Customer
can you give prescriptions

We cannot write prescriptions via this virtual format due to FDA regulations.

Customer
My cat May need a prescription so I think this won't work

I am happy to offer any guidance about your cat however, if you would like to provide more information about what you are seeing!

Customer
File attached (P5VT3T6)
Customer
I found this on my cat
Customer
She had fleas last month
Customer
But we gave her medicine

The picture is a little dark - is it a hairless area?  I can't tell if there is a scab or a wound but it looks like a small area where the hair has fallen out?

If this is some type of wound then it may need to be seen and treated by your vet.  However, if your cat recently had a flea infestation this may just be an area where she had a scab from scratching the fleas that has now healed and is falling off, taking the hair with it.  The skin looks a little pink but doesn't look particularly infected.  If this is the only area of concern, I would just keep an eye on it and if it is spreading or if it seems uncomfortable for your cat, then again I would consider having her seen.  If you have further details for me, you can reply here and I can try and give a more specific answer!  I am not always immediately available but will check back in a few times in the next 24 hours so don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or concerns!

Customer
Thank you so much
You are very welcome!
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
E.Childress,DVM
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
E.Childress,DVM
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.