My cat has thrown up 3 times in a row. One of the times there was food in it and the vomit was yellow. The first time

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My cat has thrown up 3 times in a row
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Does the vomit look liquidy or foamy? Is there food in it?
Customer: One of the times there was food in it and the vomit was yellow. The first time was a little foamy
JA: Could the cat have eaten anything unusual?
Customer: I didnt see anything that looked like it was eaten around my house
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Cheeto and he's 9 months old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing else
Answered by KaitlynV416 in 4 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
KaitlynV416
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello, I am Dr. V. I am sorry to hear that your pet is having troubles. I am a licensed small animal veterinarian. I am here to help answer your question. Please be advised that while this forum is for advice, veterinary licensing laws prohibit me from making a diagnosis or dispensing medications. The site may automatically offer a phone service. I am unable to offer phone services at this time. You can decline the offer and continue allowing me to help you if you would like. Please allow me to review the information you have provided and formulate a response. This may take a few minutes.

What is Cheeto doing now?

Customer
He is laying down on my bed. Right after throwing up he was playing with my other cat

Ok. There are many possible causes for vomiting in cats. These can range from simple dietary indiscretion (earing something unusual that irritates the stomach/ intestines), blockages (eating something that is now stuck in the intestine), infectious causes (viruses, bacteria), adverse food reactions, inflammatory bowel disease, kidney disease, etc. With this being a single episode of sudden onset vomiting, I would monitor tonight for further vomiting. No more food tonight, but ensure access to water. If the vomiting subsides, then you can offer a small amount of food tomorrow morning (1tbsp per meal), if he keeps this down, then you can resume normal feeding. If the vomiting continues tomorrow, then he should be evaluated by a veterinarian.

Customer
Ok thank you

You are welcome. It has been my pleasure helping you today. I hope that the answer that I have provided is satisfactory. Please let me know if you need further clarification. Thank you for using Just Answer and trusting me to answer your question.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
KaitlynV416
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
KaitlynV416
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.