My cats been acting normal but I found a small lump near his neck. Like 30mins ago. It wasn't super noticeable cause

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My cats been acting normal but I found a small lump near his neck
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice the cat had this lump?
Customer: Like 30mins ago. It wasn't super noticeable cause it's the size of a raisin
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Sebastian, 7
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He had a bladder infection like 2 months ago but other than that he's been fine
Answered by Dr Scott Nimmo in 1 min 1 year ago
imglogo
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** have more than thirty years of experience in the veterinary field. I’m happy to help with your question today. But please bear with me if I need to ask you some clarifying questions first. Thank you!

Is the lump easily moveable?

Customer
Hi

Got it thanks, ***** ***** by, I am typing up your answer right now.

My aim is to get an initial answer back to you within the next ten minutes.

Customer
Alright thanks

I am sorry to hear about Sebastian's problem, I know that you must be very concerned. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
1. The situation is that middle-aged and older cats commonly get small cysts, abscesses, skin tags, and soft warts, and various other varieties of non-malignant bumps and lumps, the vast majority of them are absolutely nothing to worry about at all. I frequently am asked about them during routine consults and my usual answer is just to monitor the situation and if you see any changes such as more rapid growth or changes in color and texture then have the cat checked again for investigation and possibly surgical removal.
2. However, there are no guarantees over the internet and there is always the chance that very few of these could be malignant and therefore a cause for concern. Accordingly, if you want to be 100% safe then you should have your vet check Sebastian over sometime over the next few weeks.
3. But in any case, I should be available online for you for the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if you would like to talk things over with me further.
Regards,
Have I answered your question to your satisfaction? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Thank you for using our site.

Customer
Okay thank I guess I'll watch it for a week and see if there's any issues. Hopefully it shrinks if not I'll take him in to the vet.

That sounds fine, I would not be too worried at present, but best to play safe ...

Regards,

Customer
You were helpful af Dr.scott thanks

No problem, I am very glad to be advising you.

But please let me know how Sebastian gets on.

Kindest regards,

Thank you for visiting JustAnswer, I hope you are happy with our service. But please let me know if you still need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions related to your current issue - I am always happy to help.
Kindest regards,

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.