My cat has a cut on his leg. It's not extremely deep but its obviously bothering him. All of the vets in my area are

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Hi my cat has a cut on his leg. It's not extremely deep but its obviously bothering him. All of the vets in my area are either closed or don't have any openings for a week+. I've been giving him wet food, keeping him comfortable, keeping the area clean etc. Can I use neosporin on it? Is there anything else I can do for him?
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Is the cat bleeding at all? Any sign of swelling?
Customer: Yes he is bleeding. It's a pinkish red. I can't tell if there is any swelling, but it is warm.
JA: What's the cat's name and age?
Customer: James, 7yrs
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Okay thank you so much! He is indoor/outdoor and is a little overdue for most of his vaccines although he does have the rabies vaccine.
Answered by JustAnswer Author in 6 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
JustAnswer Author
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hi, thank you for using Just Answer. My name is*****  I am a general practice veterinarian.  I am so sorry your vet is not available.  Hope my thoughts can help.  Some things you could do to keep the wound clean while you bring your pet to the vet is purchase a product called Hibiclens from any pharmacy. Lather the area well and rinse thoroughly. Do this daily.  You could use a triple antibiotic ointment but most pets will lick it off. It would be best to just use the antimicrobiano cleaner recommended

I hope this helps.  Let me you if I can assist you with anything else.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer
Okay thank you so much!! I know Epsom salt can help wounds as well, is that safe for him?

It would burn, therefore I would advise against it. Don’t think your cat would like that

Customer
Okay I will do my best then. Thank you again!
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
+ years of experience
logo

satisfied customers

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.