My kitten is weak, barely drinks water, and now refuses to eat. He is also really skinny and you can see his bones.

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My kitten is weak, barely drinks water, and now refuses to eat. He is also really skinny and you can see his bones.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice this decrease in the kitten's appetite? How is his energy level?
Customer: About 4 days ago. Before that he was eating a bit. He barely gets up to drink and try to make it to the litter box.
JA: Does the kitten seem to be in any pain?
Customer: It seems like it. I forgot to mention he's also drooling.
JA: What's the kitten's name?
Customer: Plagg
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think that's it.
Answered by Dwight Alleyne in 12 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Dwight Alleyne
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with almost 15 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your Plagg today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. You may see a phone call request that is automatically generated by the website. I am available by phone but if you prefer to text please ignore the request and we will continue the chat via text. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your Plagg. Sorry to hear about your kitten. HOw old is your kitten? Has she been around any other pets?

Customer
He's around 5-6 months. He hasn't been around the other 2 cats since he's been sick.

Okay I understand. Is he up to date on his vaccinations? Does she spend any time outdoors?

Customer
He isn't up to date on vaccinations. he's an indoor cat

Okay I understand. Is he having any diarrhea at all?

Customer
no but he does pee on himself.

Okay sorry to hear about that. Based on what you are describing, it sounds similiar to what I have seen in some cats that have some type of serious infection, or has a serious intestinal parasite infection. My concern that since he is that weak he may be really dehydrated and may need to see an emergency veterinarian before he gets worse. He likely may need some type of fluid therapy.

Customer
okay thank you for letting know. about how much would fluid therapy cost?

You are welcome. It can vary based on where you are and what type of fluid therapy that he receives. Based on how sick he is, he may need to be hospitalized on intravenous fluid which can be more expensive. On average the cost is between $200-$300 not including medications and testing.

Customer
alright. thank you very much for your help.

You are very welcome. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

If you need further assistance for this problem feel free to ask a follow up and I'll be
glad to help.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dwight Alleyne
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dwight Alleyne
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.