My cat has vomited 5 times within 8 hours. One of the piles had a plastic wrap. He’s vomited 2 times in the last hour

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Hi, my cat has vomited 5 times within 8 hours. One of the piles had a plastic wrap.
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Does the vomit look liquidy or foamy? Is there food in it?
Customer: He’s vomited 2 times in the last hour and is dry heaving, regurgitation. One pile was foamy, no food in the vomit. It is yellow it looks like bile. One pile had a plastic wrap it looked as tho he had swallowed, but he threw it up.
JA: Could he have eaten anything unusual?
Customer: yes, the straw wrap from a box juice
JA: What's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Jean Pierre and he is 10 months
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: that he has a very picky diet, which has not been unusual for him. But he doesn’t seem to be interested in food as of now. He seems a bit lethargic
Answered by MaryO1228 in 6 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
MaryO1228
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hi this is Dr. Mary with Just Answer- Some teenage cats can cause themselves a lot of trouble.  I have had them eat all kinds of crazy things- even once a plastic iguana.  Has he had any diarrhea?  Or has it been just the vomit?

Customer
Hi dr. Mary, no diarrhea that I've seen. The problem is that I left town for a night and when I got home, there were 2 piles of vomit, then he threw up 3 more times since ive been home.
Customer
He is an exotic shorthair, not sure if that matters
Customer
But he is a Persian mix, exotic short hair breed

If it is just the plastic wrapper, his stomach will start to feel better now that it is out.  You can offer chicken baby food tonight and even canned pumpkin, in case there is more plastic.  The pumpkin will help him push it out.  But I have had some cats that have separation anxiety and when their owners leave them overnight, they will eat whatever they can get their teeth on.  I had one cat chew a lead weight out of a curtain.  He was upset every time the owner left the house.

Customer
Oh no :( I'm worried sick. He is an extremely picky eater. If he doesn't eat the canned pumpkin, are there any alternatives? It seems he's puked 3 more times since throwing up the plastic. Also the chicken baby food, do you mean human baby food? He will not eat kitten/cat wet food.
Customer
He used to eat nothing but wet food but overnight decided he didn't like it. I believe it made him sick once and he never wanted it again.
Customer
How long until he should feel better? When should I be truly alarmed and plan an ER vet? My vet is closed today so I was hoping I have until tomorrow.
Customer
As of now, he shows no interest in eating or drinking.

Some cats can be so difficult.  I would try the human baby food.  If he won't eat and continues to vomit, you will have to bring him to the emergency clinic.

Customer
By today?

If he just won't eat- but no vomit, you can wait until tomorrow to see your veterinarian.

Customer
Okay, got it. Thank you so much.
Customer
He's dry heaving but no vomit is oky?
Customer
Or same thing, needs vet ASAP?

Yes- if he continues to dry heave- you should take him to emergency veterinarian.

Customer
Thank you

You are welcome

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
MaryO1228
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
MaryO1228
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.