I got disconnected. I have a 6 mo old, 5 lb cat names Spooky. She accidentily ingested my other cats meds. It was 1/4

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Hi I got disconnected. I have a 6 mo old, 5 lb cat names Spooky. She accidentily ingested my other cats meds. It was 1/4 tab atenolol 25mg and 1/2 tab of enalapril 2.5mg. This happened about 10 mins ago
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Has she thrown up since ingesting the medication?
Customer: no. She is acting fine, running around and eating her food Wasn't sure if I should just monitor
JA: What's the cat's name and age?
Customer: everything is in first message spooky, 5 lbs, 6 months
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: thats all
Answered by Rebeccavet in 2 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Rebeccavet
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer today. My name is***** am a veterinarian with over 30 years of experience, and I will do my best to help you. I am sorry to hear Spooky got these drugs that were not meant for her. How is she doing so far?

Customer
She's fine so far. She still ate and is running around playing currently

I am glad to hear it. Enalapril is not a worry; this drug is pretty safe and she did not get a large dose. I am researching the atenolol now.

It looks like the atenolol at this dose might only be a problem if Spooky were asthmatic.

Customer
Okay, she is not

If she is a healthy young cat she should be OK.

Customer
Great news thanks
Customer
She is. Great thanks

You are welcome. Please let me know if you have other questions and how she is doing. You can post additional questions and updates about this by going to My Questions on the Just Answer website and I will respond the next time I am logged on. I will also be following up with you.
Thank you for using Just Answer.

Hello; this is Dr. Rebecca checking in to see if you have other questions.   How is Spooky doing?

Customer
She's doing well. Thanks for checking in

You are welcome. Thanks for the update.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Rebeccavet
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Rebeccavet
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.