I'm sorry to ask this question, but is there a charge for your help? My cat has diabetes, newly diagnosed, and I'm so

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: I'm sorry to ask this question, but is there a charge for your help? My cat has diabetes, newly diagnosed, and I'm so stressed I cannot mangage. Let me know about cost of your advice.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long has diabetes been a concern for the cat?
Customer: they thought he had it a few months ago, but then said it probably didn't. He was actually diagnosed "for sure" a week ago. He is a rescue, so I don't know his history except for last two years.
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Elgie and we don't know his age, sorry. Vets didn't know, hard to tell because he has very bad teeth, and they are treating him with clindamycin 7 days once a month. some of his teeth fell out.
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Listen, I need to know how much this is going to cost. I'm sorry, but I don't have much money.
Answered by LindsayM46 in 2 days 1 year ago
imglogo
LindsayM46
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Customer
I have a flip phone

Hi there! This is Dr. Montgomery. I’m here to help you today.

Are you having difficult giving the medications to him? Is that what is causing the stress?

Honestly, I would talk to your vet about ways to make treating him easier. One would be getting some gabapentin and giving it to him with his food. This is a calming medication to give to help give the injections if that is a problem.

Having diabetes and dental disease are two problems though. It’s not wrong to consider possible euthanasia either. I know that’s difficult, but it might be another option to consider.

Good luck! I hope that helps! Please remember to leave me a review!

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
LindsayM46
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
LindsayM46
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.