File:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/94/04/281E6B32-0E66-4BEC-ADDE-5FB9EBBF7105/65673083084__B126A834-A3EE-4120-B8

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/94/04/281E6B32-0E66-4BEC-ADDE-5FB9EBBF7105/65673083084__B126A834-A3EE-4120-B8FD-58B50639FF17.HEIC
I just noticed this on my cat
Answered by Dr. Amy Leigh in 3 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Dr. Amy Leigh
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer with your questions. I would like to help you. The link you sent says it is not accessible. Can you send the picture here?

-My name is***** have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian and am happy to help with your question.

-Veterinary Experts are able to provide general medical advice. We are NOT able to provide a diagnosis or prescribe medications. I can help you to determine if a veterinary visit is needed or if it seems reasonable to monitor and treat at home.

-You may be automatically prompted to consider a phone consultation for an additional fee. Unfortunately, I am not able to provide phone consultations. If you would like to continue the chat, just hit decline. If you would like a phone consultation, let me know and I will disconnect so you can speak with another Expert.

-I will do my best to respond to you as quickly as possible. Sometimes, my response may be delayed if I am helping other customers as well. I assure you that I will get back to you as soon as possible to answer all of your questions.

I'd like to ask you some questions so that I can provide the best advice possible

Customer
Ok

Have you posted the picture? I do not see it yet.

Customer
Here it is

I'm sorry, That is really out of focus. Can you provide a more clear picture?

Customer
Having problems taking a pic
Customer
Can you see

-It is a little unclear. Is there a scab there?

Customer
He was sick at the beginning of week feels better now been eating I noticed today he was licking that area
Customer
No scab.

Is there a black area under the tuft of fur?

Customer
No just looks like he lost hair

-It really looks like there is some discoloration under the hair in the middle of the bald spot. Is there nothing there?

Customer
Just looks like he lost a little hair
Customer
He keeps licking it

-Is the area swollen at all?

Customer
Looks like a bump

-Do you have electric clippers, like for trimming a man's beard?

Customer
No why

I was hoping you could clip some of the fur a little so I could get a better look. You don't want to trim with scissors as you could cut him.

Customer
He seems to be in good spirits

-Without being able to see it and touch it, I can't say for sure.

-It could be a pocket of infection (abscess) under the skin from a puncture wound.

-It could be a local reaction to a bug bite.

-It could be that he has some trauma, like running into something, that is painful.

-Since he is eating well and active, I would recommend monitoring the area. If it is getting larger, more swollen, seems painful, develops discharge or wounds, he is lethargic or not eating, he should be evaluated by a veterinarian.

Customer
He is eating no discharge

That's good. Just keep an eye on it and have him checked out if any of those signs develop.

Do you have any other questions.

Customer
Ok I will if anything changes will msg tomorrow thanks

You're welcome. I hope the information was helpful and it will heal without issues. Thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your questions. It was my pleasure to help you today. If you need further information regarding this question or need clarification on the recommendations, please let me know. I am happy to help.

I hope the spot is looking good this morning. Please feel free to reach out with any questions.

Customer
It looks like it is scabbing. I covered it with a bandanna so he does not lick

-That's a good idea. If he is still licking, you can use a baby onesie or cone of shame.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Amy Leigh
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dr. Amy Leigh
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.