Limping on both right front paw and back paw he is able to pee but hasn’t pooped in two days. He will eat some and is

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Limping on both right front paw and back paw he is able to pee but hasn’t pooped in two days. He will eat some and is drinking
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Cat
JA: Have you given the cat anything to help with the constipation?
Customer: No
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Thome 10
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That is all
Answered by Rhett Burch in 7 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Rhett Burch
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello! I am sorry Thome  is having problems. My name is***** I am a licensed veterinarian with Just Answer. Thank you for visiting the site. I hope to be of great help to you. Please give me 10 minutes to consider your pet’s case and respond.

Any wounds or sores you see? How does your pet’s breathing sound? What color are the gums and tongue?

What have you tried so far? Is your pet taking any medications? How long has this been going on? Does your pet have any preexisting medical conditions?

It sounds like an injury but I can’t say for sure. Unfortunately, it is not safe to give cats over the counter pain meds like aspirin or Tylenol. You'll have to go to a vet to get pain medicine. Go to a vet if you can. If not, you could try homeopathic stuff like CBD or Hemp oil for cats from your local pet store. Though they do not work in every case. Call your local pet store and ask if they have anything similar. Also, you can try applying an ice pack or warm compress to the painful area for a few minutes if your cat will let you. If that doesn't help with pain, let me know or go to the vet. If it's a minor injury, it will heal with time on its own. Do you have any questions about what I said?

You can try giving your cat ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon once every 12 hours of regular strength Miralax (Polyethylene glycol 3350).

Also, you can try soaking the cat food with warm water. This will increase your cat’s water consumption and may help soften the stools. You can also try adding half a tablespoon of canned pumpkin to your cat’s food once a day. Finally, you can buy Laxatone from your local pet store. It's a gel for hairballs, but it may help with constipation issues.

Thanks again. Let me know if you think of any more questions or need more help with your pet’s case.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Rhett Burch
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Rhett Burch
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.