My cat has not been eating for the last couple of days and I noticed that she has been having trouble jumping to places

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My cat has not been eating for the last couple of days and I noticed that she has been having trouble jumping to places she normally has no problems with, like jumping from my computer desk to the bed and jumping up on the bathroom sink (that's where her food is kept to keep the dogs from eating it. I put her food lower so she wouldn't have to jump to get it, but she still has no interest in it. This is unusual because she normally eats everything in sight.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. A lack of appetite can seem worrying. Does the cat also seem more tired than usual?
Customer: She seems more weak than tired.
JA: Does the cat seem to be in any pain?
Customer: Doesn't appear so.
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Ladrona. She's a Snowshoe and she's around 10.
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I'm aware of.
Answered by Rhett Burch in 1 min 1 year ago
imglogo
Rhett Burch
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello! I am sorry Ladrona is having problems. My name is***** I am a licensed veterinarian with Just Answer. Thank you for visiting the site. I hope to be of great help to you. Please give me 10 minutes to consider your pet’s case and respond.

Any wounds or sores you see? How does your pet’s breathing sound? What color are the gums and tongue?

What have you tried so far? Is your pet taking any medications? How long has this been going on? Does your pet have any preexisting medical conditions?

Customer
I have not noticed any wounds or sores. Her gums and tongue are normal color. Her breathing is normal. She does not have any preexisting medical conditions that I know of. She's been having trouble jumping to and from places she's normally very adept with. I put her food lower so she doesn't have to jump, but she isn't interested in eating it and she normally has a voracious appetite.
Customer
I have already paid $32 for this chat and now you want me to pay another $28 for a phone call. I thought you were going to try to help me.
Customer
Hello?
Customer
Are you there?

Your cat’s symptoms can mean several things. Take your cat to the vet today if you can. If you can’t go to the vet, try to get your cat to eat with tuna or favorite treat. Give 2.5-5 mg of Pepcid once a day in case your cat has an upset stomach. Here is a video showing how you can give a pill to your cat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSxjeAMuTEI&t=13s

Also, you can try feeding your cat some Nutri Cal for nutritional support. Or you can make gruel by soaking the cat food with warm water for 5 minutes then spoon-feeding your cat. Watch this video on some tips on how to force feed your cat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9ClxUczvr4

Or you can feed your cat chicken flavored baby food until your cat will eat regular cat food.

You can try feeding a better tasting food such as Royal Canin or adding warm chicken broth and letting soak to your cat’s regular food. Try giving your cat half a cup of Pedialyte/Gatorade/Chicken Broth by mouth with a bulb syringe. Give it once every 8 hours if the inside of your cat’s mouth feels dry and sticky or your cat is not drinking. That usually means dehydration. Finally, you can try homeopathic things like CBD oil from your pet store. CBD may help with stress or pain too.  If there is no improvement tomorrow morning, let me know or go to a vet. Do you have any questions about what I said?

Let me know if you need more help. You can still chat with me later. I hope your pet recovers soon! Thank you for using Just Answer.

Thanks again. Let me know if you think of any more questions or need more help with your pet’s case.

Customer
Thank you so much for your help.
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Rhett Burch
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Rhett Burch
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.