My criend. I had a bowl of water with 2-3 drops of peppermint essential oil in my kitchen, and my roommate dipped her

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My criend
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the cat's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: I had a bowl of water with 2-3 drops of peppermint essential oil in my kitchen, and my roommate dipped her fingers into the peppermint water then ran them through my cars fur. I know peppermint is poison for cats, what do I do? I'm scared.
JA: Has the cat vomited since she ingested the peppermint?
Customer: No No
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Answered by Dr. Keto in 1 min 1 year ago
imglogo
Dr. Keto
18+ years of experience
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello, my name is*****  I'm a veterinarian with 21 years of experience, and I will do my best to help you and your cat today.

Please allow me some time in between replies so that I may type out a detailed answer for you.  You should have a reply in under 5 minutes.

When did this happen?

Customer
Just 5-10 minutes ago. My cat (Missie) is drinking ALOT of water.

Thank you for that information.  Please allow me just a moment to type my response.

Ingesting a little bit of diluted peppermint essential oil won't hurt Missie at all.  She may drink a little more water than normal, and she may vomit once or twice, but that's it.  She would need to lick a lot of straight peppermint oil to have any issues.  She can resume her normal Saturday.

Customer
Should I bathe her or something to get it off her fur?

You can if you want. but you don't need to.

Did you have any additional questions?

Customer
No, thank you so very much :)

I'm glad I could help, and thanks for using Just Answer!

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Keto
logo
logo
logo
18+ years of experience
imglogo
Dr. Keto
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.