I adopted a street cat about a little over a month ago. I moved to another place and there is another cat is bothering

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Hello, I adopted a street cat about a little over a month ago.
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the cat's situation?
Customer: I moved to another place and there is another cat is bothering him. He has lost appetite He has lost weight He puked today And now he is peeing while sleeping
JA: A lack of appetite can seem worrying. The Expert will know how to help. What's the cat's name and age?
Customer: The car The cat's name is***** do not know his age for certain. Maybe a year or a little more. I am not sure. I adopted him.
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He became a bit sad, after we adopted him. He used to live with other cats in the street. It seems like he is depressed.
Answered by Alex Hohman DVM in 10 hours 1 year ago
imglogo
Alex Hohman DVM
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Good morning! Welcome to Just Answer, my name is*****'s very possible these changes are from stress, but the with any urinary changes in male cats I do recommend having a urine sample ran to ensure he doesn't have any crystals or inflammatory cells consistent with a condition called FIC that can cause life threatening urinary obstructions. Has Memo been urinating normally?

Customer
Hello Alex. Good morning. Memo died this morning. I consulted another veterinarian and apparently he could not take the vitamins and iron doses I gave him a few days ago. Apparently he was too weak, and that may have worsen his condition. Thank you anyways.

Oh I am so sorry to hear that, that is such a difficult situation.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Alex Hohman DVM
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Alex Hohman DVM
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.