I have kittens that are 5 weeks old and 4 weeks old and they are outside, I have some that one of their eyes are pasted

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: I have kittens that are 5 weeks old and 4 weeks old and they are outside, I have some that one of their eyes are pasted shut and watery with greenish goo was wondering what’s the best thing to buy online that I can put on their eyes? I’ve been attempting to put a warm rag and terramycin on their eyes, but wanted to know if I could get something else? They are all running around and playing and eating
Answered by Paul M. DVM in 5 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Paul M. DVM
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Good morning I am Dr. Paul and I specialize in cat care.

Customer
Hello

Goopy eyes in kittens is a very common side effect of viral infections that develop secondary bacterial infections.  Sometimes the infection can clear on its own, but other times the eyes may develop permanent damage if not treated properly.  The terramycin is a great option for treating the eyes.

Customer
Ok I’ll keep using that then, thanks so much

You can also purchase lysine supplement online. This supplement may help their immune system in fighting off viral infections. Here is an example of the lysine powder that can be very helpful in some cases: https://www.chewy.com/vetoquinol-viralys-l-lysine-powder/dp/102632?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=f&utm_content=Vetoquinol&utm_term=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIltynyaGN8QIVFgiICR3C5Qf0EAQYASABEgKYAvD_BwE

As long as your kittens continue to be very active and eating well, then you will probably not need to change anything that you are doing at home for their treatment.  If they have severe swelling around their eyes or stop eating well, it may be a good idea to get them checked out by the vet.  I wish you and your kittens the best

Customer
they are all running and playing and causing chaos lol but thanks so much for that information

You are very welcome.  They sound like happy kittens!

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Paul M. DVM
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Paul M. DVM
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.