I put hartz flea and tick drops on him and his stopped eating he's drooling bad !! The only thing he's had the last 2

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: I put hartz flea and tick drops on him and his stopped eating he's drooling bad !! The only thing he's had the last 2 nights is ensure
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice this decrease in the cat's appetite? How is his energy level?
Customer: He acts like his mouth hurts but now he has no energy
JA: Does the cat ever go outside? Is he taking any medications?
Customer: He goes outside all the time he was a big healthy cat no medicine
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Fred
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: I just did all this and I'm waiting for an answer already I thought u were answering my questions
Answered by Dr. Jessica Pet Vet in 4 mins 2 years ago
imglogo
Dr. Jessica Pet Vet
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hi. I'm Dr. Jessica.

Hartz flea products can be toxic to animals.

When did you put the flea medication on Fred?

Customer
About 5days ago and it started that night no appetite drooling
Customer
I can't afford it. I can't take him to a vet right now. Dang I never should have giving him that crap

Your pet is having a reaction to the Hartz.

You should bathe your cat with Dawn dish soap (blue one with duck on it). Rinse completely.

You cat will need to be seen as needs medications for nausea. If you cannot take your pet to the emergency clinic then you need to take him to your vet on Monday. But it is important to bathe him immediately to get any leftover residue off of him.

Customer
Is there anything I can do to help with the aopitite problem

You can try canned tuna or chicken, lunch mean such as turkey or chicken

The most important thing is to bathe him

Please also report this incident to the number on the Hartz package.

Customer
One other thing I have been wiping him every night with baby wipesl because I just had surgery and I have a cast and I can't put any pressure on my foot and the bathroom is really small will the wipes help him with more water and dawn

No you need to get the oil off of him. So you need to bathe him in Dawn. Maybe use your kitchen sink? Hopefully you can sit at that sink to bathe Fred.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Jessica Pet Vet
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dr. Jessica Pet Vet
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.