Dr. Dan M.
Dr. Dan M., Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon
23462335

I need advice please, i have a 8 month old female cat she

Hello I need advice please , i have a 8 month old female cat she has been sneezing a lot last 2 days and today she vomited earlier and a few minutes ago she sneezed blood . she also has watery eyes what do i do i need help i cant go the vet atm cause its 3 am where i live
JA: Hi there. I'm so sorry the cat isn't feeling well, but those details will be very helpful for the Expert. Could she have eaten anything unusual?
Customer: hmm nothing that comes to mind .. i have given her regular cat food and i cant thing of anything else she could have eaten since i dont leave food on the counter
JA: What's the cat's name and age?
Customer: her name is ***** ***** she is 8 month old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Grey?
Customer: hmm i dont know she doesnt have any other problems ..she eats regularly and is hungry sleeps the right ammount i feel like
I am sorry your cat is unwell. If Grey is alert bright and happy and drinking then I am sure it will be OK not to get her seen tonight. The sneezing and watery eyes makes me think she may have an upper respiratory tract infection. It is not that uncommon to also have an inflamed nose which may bleed at times when sneezing. We can see sneezing occur with other issues such as lumps up the nose, fungal infection or foreign bodies up the nose. In the short term I would consider an infection more likely and this will be viral or bacterial. A lot of the time the cat gets over this infection themselves but sometimes needs supportive treatment to get through it. Using humid air can help loosen the mucous in the nose so spending time in the bathroom with Grey with the shower on to make it steamy for a while can help. Similarly encouraging eating through warming of food also as sometimes the sense of smell reduces which can reduce appetite. If Grey becomes quiet, anorexic or off her water or collapsed or is struggling to breath then she should be seen by your vet urgently.
Take Care

Dr Dan
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello thankyou very much for your reply , she has been eating and drinking very well, she has also been littering where she is supposed to.She is also playful nothing in her behaviour has changed .I will keep you updated if anything changes . Thanks again for you reply it calmed me down a little

Thats wonderful, I am delighted.

Take care and stay safe