My cat chewed a bag that I spilled draino in and I’m pretty sure she ingested some. Just enough to open the bag and she

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My cat chewed a bag that I spilled draino in and I’m pretty sure she ingested some
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How much of the bag did the cat chew? Do you know her weight?
Customer: just enough to open the bag and she weighs than 10 lbs
JA: When was this? Has she thrown up since then?
Customer: she hasn’t thrown up yet and it happened last night so about 8 hours ago
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Brie and she is 8 months old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: I believe she doesn’t have an appetite or she doesn’t want water like she typically does
Answered by JustAnswer Author in 8 mins 2 years ago
imglogo
JustAnswer Author
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hey there. This is Dr. G. I’d like to help you and Brie. Will she let you look inside her mouth for any sores the bleach may have caused?
Customer
Her mouth is red. Definitely chemical burn
Ok, then I would take her to the vet to get some pain meds and medications to coat her stomach in case she has some little ulcers in her stomach too. She should be just fine but could use some medical intervention from her vet.
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.